Welder 2nd Shift
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Welder 2nd ShiftTake your next career step at ABB with a global
team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry
to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have
the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all
dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations.
Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of
us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates
ABB Distribution Solutions are a global leader in power
distribution solutions, delivering pioneering low and
medium-voltage innovations and services. We care about your
tomorrow, providing solutions for a smarter, safer, environmentally
friendly and more reliable flow and distribution of electricity.
Manufacturing at ABB ranges from assembly of customized industrial
robots to advanced production of electrical switches and breakers.
The innovative products we make, drive the world's largest ships,
connect remote renewable power sources with consumers, and automate
complex industrial processes. The role reports to the Production
Supervisor and is located in Mebane, North Carolina. As a Welder,
you will be responsible for performing a variety of welding
operations including MIG/ TIG/Arc welding and brazing functions.
Use power and non-power hand tools such as hammers, wrenches,
- Layout, fabrication and operation of equipment necessary for
the fabrication of sheet metal welded assemblies.
- Understand and carry out oral instructions, read and carry out
simple written instructions.
- Will use various welding equipment - knowledge of process of
TIG and MIG.
- Will use micrometers, calibrated steel tapes, etc. Responsible
to work production schedule as assigned.
- Meet all On Time Delivery and Adherence to Schedule
requirements set in Fabrication.
- Operates with exceptional Safety and attention to Safe
- Must be able to weld based off of blueprint, drawings, models
and other criteria.
- Must be able to follow all English language written and verbal
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Willing to work 2nd Shift.
- Must have had 1 year of experience in various forms of
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would
permit them to work for ABB in the US.
- Certified Welder Preferred.
- Must be able to pass a welding performance evaluation and
- Must be able to use various hand tools.
- Must be able to read, measure using various tools such as
micrometers, scales, tape measures.
- Must be able to identify and list production data such as
quantities, shield gas, alloys .More about usWe look forward to
receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB,
take another look at our website www.abb.com. Equal Employment
Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB ABB in the United States
requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, or in
specific and limited circumstances, be approved for a sincerely
held religious belief or a medical/disability accommodation. ABB is
an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action
Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national
origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity,
disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or
protected veterans status. For more information regarding your
(EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer,
applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a
particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M.
EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at
1-888-694-7762. Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a
disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable
or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a
result of your disability. You may request reasonable
accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at
1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to US-AskHR@abb.com. Resumes
and applications will not be accepted in this manner.
Keywords: ABB, Durham , Welder 2nd Shift, Other , Mebane, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!