Company: Charles River Laboratories
Posted on: January 15, 2022
For 70 years, Charles River employees have worked together to
assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new
drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a
significant impact on the health and well-being of people across
the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance,
IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role
in the work we perform. In return, we'll help you build a career
that you can feel passionate about.
IMPORTANT: In order to be considered for this position, a resume/CV
must be uploaded and submitted during the application process.
Please make sure work history and education are added
Job SummaryBASIC SUMMARY:
Oversee the histology laboratory and associated technical
personnel. Act as the primary point of contact in matters
pertaining to area of responsibility within the laboratory.
Responsible for adherence to established guidelines of this
area.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee daily operational activities and supervise a group of
non-exempt employees. Ensure optimum group performance.
- Manage inventory and supply ordering.
- Oversee development of special procedures (technical
specialties, difficult protocol-specific processes, etc.).
- Provide guidance and training to less experienced histology
- Supervise departmental procedures for sample receipt, handling,
tracking, transfer, and shipping.
- Assist technical staff as needed in all laboratory tasks to
ensure timely completion of study related activities.
- Assist in coordination, planning and scheduling of laboratory
- Assist pathology management in ensuring sufficient and
appropriate resources (personnel, equipment, facilities, etc.) are
available to perform laboratory procedures.
- Responsible for personnel management activities such as:
scheduling, personnel actions (hiring, promotions, transfers,
etc.), training and development, providing regular direction and
feedback on performance, disciplinary actions and preparing and
delivering annual performance and salary reviews.
- Recommend short-range operating objectives, organizational
structure, staffing requirements and succession plans.
- May assist in development of departmental budget.
- As required, oversee maintenance of group training manual and
- Support the policy of equal employment opportunity through
affirmative action in personnel actions.
- Ensure adherence to pertinent regulatory requirements and to
departmental policies, practices and procedures [SOPs, safety
procedures and biosafety protocols].
- Review documentation of functions performed as part of quality
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.Job Qualifications
- Education: Bachelor's degree (B.A./B.S.) or equivalent in a
biological science preferred.
- Experience: 4 years of pathology laboratory experience.
Previous supervisory or management experience preferred.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be
accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education
and experience listed above.Placement at this level requires
successful completion/competency of the required tasks of the
position(s) preceding this level and continued ability to perform
those tasks are required.
- Certification/Licensure: HT (ASCP) or HTL (ASCP)
- Other: Must be able to perform effectively as a team member,
accurately record data, follow verbal and written instructions,
maintain a positive work atmosphere, communicate effectively, and
interact in a professional manner with management, coworkers, and
sponsors. Experience with computer software programs is
- Employees must be able to lift, move, manipulate, and/or hold
heavy objects up to and including 50 pounds; this includes work
materials, equipment, and/or animals.
- Must be able to perform laboratory procedures, which require,
talking, hearing, standing or sitting for long periods of time,
entering data into a computer, using appropriate instruments,
reaching with hands and arms, working in narrow spaces, and wearing
safety equipment (PPE) according to OSHA regulations and company
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust
- Works in a research laboratory environment, which requires use
of sharp objects, working around mechanical parts, working with or
near known or unknown toxic or caustic chemicals and/or biological
hazards, exposure to fumes and airborne particles, working at noise
levels ranging from quiet to moderately noisy.
IMPORTANT: A resume is required to be considered for this position.
If you have not uploaded your resume in your candidate profile,
please return to upload field and attach your resume/CV.
About Safety Assessment
Charles River is committed to helping our partners expedite their
preclinical drug development with exceptional safety assessment
services, state-of-the-art facilities and expert regulatory
guidance. From individual specialty toxicology and IND enabling
studies to tailored packages and total laboratory support, our
deeply experienced team can design and execute programs that
anticipate challenges and avoid roadblocks for a smooth, efficient
journey to market. Each year approximately 120 investigational new
drug (IND) programs are conducted in our Safety Assessment
Keywords: Charles River Laboratories, Durham , Supervisor, Histology, Other , Durham, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!