Communications Project Specialist
Company: American Society of Echocardiography
Posted on: January 13, 2022
The American Society of Echocardiography (ASE) is an
organization of professionals committed to excellence in
cardiovascular ultrasound and its application to patient care
through education, advocacy, research, innovation, and service to
our members and the public. ASE, the largest subspecialty society
for cardiovascular imaging, is seeking a Communications Project
Specialist for our location in Durham, NC. This position will
report to the Director of Marketing and Communications.
Position Summary: The Communications Project Specialist is
responsible for developing and implementing marketing and
communications plans and activities for specific projects and
programs of ASE and its Foundation. This position helps represent
ASE to a global audience by drafting media statements, assisting
with PR committee activities, and participating in some exhibit
activities.-- - The position manages ASE-- - -s -- -email marketing
schedule. The manager works with all internal departments to create
copy to effectively announce and promote their offerings.
Additional collaboration with key society volunteers to fulfill
projects may also be necessary. This position requires project
management and budgetary skills to organize and monitor collateral
pieces completed with external designers, including course
brochures, advertisements, and other promotional materials.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: 90% of the time
- Communications Collateral
- Develop promotional content for membership, meetings, products,
registry, and foundation communications and other departments as
- Assist the Digital Marketing Manager by creating copy for
social media campaigns.
- Create press releases and obtain quotes from volunteers or key
- Work with the Director of Marketing & Communications to support
the ASE PR Committee, including writing press releases, minutes,
agendas, and other projects as assigned.
- Edit and proofread communications materials such as press
releases, postings, and trade show promotions.
- Create content for the ASE weekly eNewsletter
- Email Marketing
- Management and delivery of the ASE weekly e-newsletter
- Coordinate and deliver email blasts (-300 emails per year)
including monthly educational newsletter, foundation newsletter,
advocacy updates, membership promotion and renewals, etc.
- Manage Outlook marketing calendar and collaborate with staff to
- Print Marketing Material Production and Oversight
- Develop, coordinate, monitor and oversee calendars and
timelines for the marketing department and its campaigns.
- Lead contact for all print materials for membership, products,
education, registry, external relations, and foundation marketing,
and other departments as needed.
- Edit and proofread marketing materials such as brochures,
postcards, emails and advertisements.
- Manage creation and distribution (including purchasing mailing
lists) of all course marketing materials (advance program, final
program, paper registration forms, etc.).
- Oversight of graphic design contractors and printing
- Coordinate creation and placement of print and digital ads.
- Coordinate and produce monthly ASE journal
- Coordinate design and production of the monthly Echo
- Scientific Sessions Project Management
- Manage production and distribution of advance and final
- Manage the marketing budget in conjunction with Meetings
- Coordinate all on-site sign production.
- Assist with brand (theme) creation each year.
- Promotion of mailing list sales and other income generating
projects as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned to assist the organization to promote
its publications, events, and courses.
Other Functions: 10% of the time
- Support the organizational structure of ASE by attending staff
meetings, working on task forces, seeking and attending
professional development opportunities, working in a team
atmosphere and cooperating with other staff members, and completing
minutes, meeting summaries, paperwork and timesheets in a timely
PandoLogic. Keywords: Project Manager, Location: Durham, NC -
Keywords: American Society of Echocardiography, Durham , Communications Project Specialist, Other , Durham, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!