Posted on: November 22, 2021
The Scalehouse Operator is responsible for providing customer
service and weighting loaded trucks within North Carolina
Department of Transportation limits. The incumbent will be required
to precisely read the scale and determine if the loaded trucks have
been weighed accurately and are cleared for leaving the yard. The
incumbent will oversee the cash drawer and accurately exchange
money with cash customers. The incumbent will also be required to
dispatch trucks, as well as assist the Lead Aggregate Dispatcher
when needed. The role will work under general supervision where
routine duties are performed with minimal supervision. Standard
practices or procedures allow employee to proceed alone at routine
work. There is an occasional check of work while in progress and
work is reviewed upon completion. Standard work hours are Monday to
Friday from 6:30am - 4:30pm or until day is complete, and Saturday
from 6:00am - 1:00pm or until work is complete. Hours may vary
depending on season. A moderate amount of overtime may be required
as business dictates. The incumbent may be required to open early
or stay late at times. Good judgment and common sense is required
in all duties and any other tasks assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Required Skills
- Receives orders for aggregate products.
- Interacts with customers on a regular basis throughout the day
communicating with them as their needs or Sunrock's abilities
change. Makes those changes effective in the system and
communicates them internally to all operations, quality, sales, or
management personnel who need to be aware of the change.
- Serves as a communication hub between internal haulers,
independent haulers, customers and other departments.
- Confers with plant production and yard personnel to establish
delivery schedules according to factors such as truck capacities,
distances to delivery site, and unloading time.
- Ensures orders are received and entered into the software
accurately and in a timely manner.
- Confirms that the scale indicator is zeroed out between each
truck driving onto the scale.
- Ensures each truck's empty weight is captured.
- Permits trucks to proceed off scale once proper weight limits
- Distributes proper copy of ticket to driver or customer after
they have signed the ticket.
- Collects proper tickets to be scanned at the end of the
- Manages cash drawer by confirming amount of currency at the
beginning and end of each workday.
- Monitors logistics execution and ensures production schedules
- Utilizes the Integra software to create orders, pre-dispatch
and track trucks, run production reports, etc.
- Utilizes Paper Streem software to upload product tickets to the
system on a daily basis.
- Conducts hazard awareness training to all first time visitors,
contractors, and vendors that come onto quarry property.
- Collects asphalt and concrete stock orders for North Raleigh,
RDU, and MDC plants and distributes aggregates based on those
orders on a daily, weekly and monthly basis to maximize the
materials the company hauls internally and the asset utilization of
- Plans and sets schedules and directs work assignments for
internal haulers and all contract haulers.
- Releases railcars over the Internet.
- Completes and updates intercompany daily log sheets, daily unit
reports, and monthly mileage reports.
- Provides additional sales support by offering value added
- Represents our product and service honestly to internal and
- Ensures various operations, sales, and quality control
personnel receive delivery schedules and requirements for future
- Conducts Annual Site Specific Hazard Awareness Training to all
first time visitors to mine property.
- Participates in the opening and closing rotation as determined
by the Manager Aggregate Operations. EDUCATION AND/OR
EXPERIENCEHigh School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
required; One (1) to two (2) years of customer service or call
center experience preferred but not required. Other combinations of
education and experience may be considered. CERTIFICATES, LICENSES,
REGISTRATIONS--- Ability to obtain NC and/or VA weighmaster
license--- Current North Carolina Driver License requiredThe
Package: Sunrock offers the following benefits:
- Local, home everyday
- Paid weekly-competitive pay
- Paid orientation and OJT (on the job training)
- 2 weeks of PTO (paid time off), plus 8 paid holidays
- Medical insurance: Company provided dental and other voluntary
- 401K with company matching
- Growth opportunity
Keywords: Sunrock, Durham , Scalehouse Operator, Other , Roxboro, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!