Company: Lucas Group
Posted on: October 14, 2021
* This company is specifically seeking candidates with
U.S. military experience *
What You Will Do:
Reporting directly to the Quality Engineering Supervisor, this
position involves direct product team support for production
operations. This position serves as a measurement systems analysis
practitioner, and site metrology contact, supporting manufacturing
and product development initiatives. Provides problem-solving
support for production and quality associates with respect to
- Site metrology contact for calibration service provider.
Accountable for: maintenance of database of calibrated measurement
equipment (including addition of new equipment and removal or
deactivation of other equipment), review calibration documentation
and certificates, liaison between calibration service provider and
owner/user of measurement equipment, work with calibration service
provider to ensure equipment calibrated on-time, review and assess
equipment found out of tolerance, replace measurement equipment
that is broken or cannot be repaired, source calibration service
provider for any measurement equipment that cannot be calibrated by
current service provider.
- Assist to implement, support, and drive quality engineering
initiatives and projects through coordination and training of
production and quality associates on measurement systems.
- Complete variable data collection in support of continuous
improvement activities. Complete data analysis as requested.
- Perform or guide Quality Associate’s (QA) performance of
quality testing functions especially measurement and
- Monitor effectiveness of plant measurement systems and review
for opportunity for continuous improvement.
- Serve as technical support to all measurement systems and test
methods. Design and support execution of measurement system
analysis (MSA) and gage studies and maintain documentation for
- Assist Quality Engineering group to revise in process, final
inspection, training, and corrective action quality plans and
update quality system documents as required.
Education and Work Requirements:
- Minimum of a 2-year Associate Degree (preferably with a
manufacturing quality focus.)
- 2+ years experience in an operations quality assurance or
process improvement position.
- Knowledge of statistical methods for quality control (Six-Sigma
Green Belt skills [certification preferred])
- Knowledge of MSA, GR&R, instrumentation and basic
- Understanding of the regulatory industry requirements ISO13485,
and Quality Systems Regulation. Working knowledge of the
integration between facility documentation and manufacturing
processes. Ability to implement documentation to meet business,
user, and regulatory requirements.
- Prefer a working knowledge of spreadsheet applications, word
processing, and graphics software to perform necessary tasks for
preparing required correspondence, reports and communication.
Title: Measurements Technician
Location: Durham NC
Client Job ID: 1587603
Keywords: Lucas Group, Durham , Measurements Technician, Other , Durham, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!