Training and Exercise Specialist
Posted on: September 13, 2021
Labcorp is seeking a Training and Exercise Specialist to
develop and execute training and exercises designed to meet
performance requirements, ensure successful delivery, report on
performance, and maintain supporting documentation in accordance
with the Homeland Security Exercise and Evaluation Program (HSEEP).
This position works under the Supervision of the Crisis Manager
within the?Global?Business Resilience?(GBR)?office?in the Office of
Information Security.? The?GBR?office is responsible for Business
Continuity, Disaster Recovery, and Crisis
- Ability to travel at least four times per year with potential
for at least one international travel annually.
- Ability to work weekends and overnight hours during crisis
incidents; normal scope of work consists of traditional Monday -
Friday business hours.
- Proficiency with Microsoft 365 and WebEx. Serve in the Planning
Section during Emergency Operations Center activations.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication
skills with experience communicating with and briefing managers,
directors and?other senior?leaders?
- Experience facilitating and leading cross-functional?teams?
Strong critical thinking, analytic, problem solving, and time
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make
them easily understandable in text and pictures.
- Conduct an Enterprise Integrated Preparedness Planning Workshop
annually and develop a multi-year Integrated Preparedness Plan
Develop, conduct, and evaluate exercises related to activation of
crisis management and business continuity plans in accordance with
- Recommend and track improvements pursuant to lessons learned
through drills and exercises.
- Instruct Crisis Management materials for Local and Enterprise
Crisis Management Teams.
- Manage training logistics to include scheduling, inviting
participants and access requirements
- Conduct training and exercises virtually via Microsoft Teams
- Perform administrative tasks to include updating databases and
- Provide routine project updates to Supervisor.
- Work with subject matter experts and team members to ensure
written products communicate information in a clear, appropriate,
and applicable manner.
- Education/Experience Requirements Bachelor's degree or higher
in Business Continuity, Crisis Management, Emergency and Disaster
Management, or equivalent.
- Relevant experience in training and exercise may be used to
substitute for formal education.
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) Professional
- Certificate of Completion: Department of Homeland Security
Exercise and Evaluation Program (HSEEP). (Course code E/L/K0146)
Documented experience conducting at least one discussion-based and
one operations-based exercise.
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)
- Master Exercise Practitioner (MEP) credential. CBCP, CBI,
BRCCI, IAEM-AEM, or equivalent certification.
- Working knowledge of ISO 22301.
- National Incident Management System (NIMS) Incident Command
System (ICS) 300 and 400.
- Experience with Everbridge Suite and Fusion Risk Management
Keywords: Labcorp, Durham , Training and Exercise Specialist, Other , Durham, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!