Manufacturing Engineer - Automotive
Company: Gables Search Group
Posted on: September 12, 2021
The Manufacturing Engineer, through engineering projects,
directly supports the entire production organization by leading
set-up (change over) time reduction, continuous improvement efforts
(Kaizen), capital project management, and cost reduction.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop methods, tooling and techniques to continuously reduce
the time and effort involved in setting-up, changing over and
operations of manufacturing equipment.
- Modify manufacturing processes for safety improvement, quality
improvement, cost reduction, or design changes.
- Achieve financial objectives by assisting in the preparation of
the budget, scheduling expenditures, managing project budgets and
initiating corrective actions.
- Manage capital projects, including: development of equipment
specification, coordination of equipment runoffs, installation of
equipment, and management of outside contractors.
- Updates and maintains equipment drawings for production and
equipment, including layouts.
- Develop engineering solutions for repetitive equipment/process
- Assist in identification of departmental training requirements
and may provide the training for improvement of skill levels.
- Review, recommend and coordinate TPM, PM, Proactive Maintenance
and Predictive Maintenance Programs to prevent equipment failures
and maximize machinery uptime.
- Manage outside contractors involved in process/equipment
- Work closely with all levels of the organization to improve
upon manufacturing machinery and process improvements.
- Lead Kaizen activities, and document results.
- Knows significant environmental aspects of the job and the
related operational controls.
- B.S. Degree in Mechanical and/or Industrial Engineering, or
- Visa sponsorship is not available for this
position. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the
United States on a permanent basis.
- Five or more year of experience in manufacturing engineering,
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and communication
- Lean Enterprise experience.
- Computer Skills (MS Word, Excel, MS Project, MfgPro,
- Willing to work on a fast pace environmental
- Understanding about being a Tier1 supplier, preferable some
intern experience in a Tier1 or tier2
- Some intern experience in manufacturing environmental, such as
working on a project implementation, cost reduction project,
process improvement implementation
Keywords: Gables Search Group, Durham , Manufacturing Engineer - Automotive, Other , Roxboro, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!