IT Technical Specialist
Posted on: September 11, 2021
Labcorp is recruiting an IT Technical Specialist for a dynamic
team in RTP, NC.
The Technical Support Rep Tier 2 acts as a liaison between
customers and development teams assisting with all aspects of
supporting software applications used by Labcorp physicians,
Labcorp patients, and internal employees. The representative
collaborates and resolves customer issues escalated to the Tier 2
team's queue. This positions primary responsibility is working
incidents from a ticketing system; however, there is also need to
communicate directly with customers by Phone or Email. This
individual must be timely, dependable, technical, and a team
player. She/He provides second-level technical support (which
include troubleshooting, researching, resolving (or escalating) and
following-up) to the company for software, hardware, and
application configuration issues reported by our customers and
field management as well as custom software solutions implemented
for internal or external customer use. This includes
championing the approach of First Call Resolution.
- Provides computer support for complex software
- Serves as technical and information liaison between IT,
operations, vendors, and end users for the support and integration
of varied systems.
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- Monitor and proactively manage a queue of incidents /
service requests escalated by Tier 1 Service Desks.
- Ability to multitask and maintain composure in critical
situations with both internal and external customers.
- Experience supporting remote customers with varying
levels of technical expertise.
- Demonstrates a thorough understanding of the technical skills
inherent to healthcare industry and suggests changes where
- Strong analytical and research abilities.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Effective use of time management.
- Ability to resolve a wide range of issues with the versatility
to learn on the job.
- Prior experience supporting applications with knowledge of the
software life cycle, experience identifying bugs, and determining
opportunities to enhance the overall customer experience.
- Extremely skilled at seeing and managing details, previous
experience using incident management tool.
- Exemplary organizational skills.
- Database experience- general knowledge of SQL queries.
- Ability to think outside the box and motivate
- Flexibility in work routines.ustomers on proper usage of the
software, application configurations, software, hardware and
License/Certification/Education: Normally a Bachelor's Degree
in Computer Science w/3-5 years of experience
Keywords: Labcorp, Durham , IT Technical Specialist, Other , Durham, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!