Research Study Manager I
Company: DLH Holdings Corp.
Posted on: June 12, 2021
The Public Health & Scientific Research (PHSR) Operating Unit
(OU) of DLH Holdings Corporation works to improve public health
worldwide by providing technical, research, and program management
services to government, nonprofit, and commercial clients. The PHSR
team offers a synergy of expertise in clinical research services,
epidemiology and public health studies, health data management and
analysis, and program evaluation and policy analysis. Please join
our dedicated staff in an environment that values diversity and
supports health, well-being, and professional growth.
PHSR is seeking a Study Manager to research studies conducted by
investigators at the Clinical Research Branch of the National
Institute of Environmental Health Sciences. You will be responsible
for the development, implementation, and / or oversight of research
studies. Responsibilities range from development and oversight of
timelines, staffing, and subcontracts, to protocol and study
materials development, Institutional Review Board and other
regulatory submissions, development and implementation of quality
assurance plans and field site monitoring, and overall study
The ideal candidate has experience in epidemiological or
observational clinical research, successfully manages multiple
projects simultaneously, is highly flexible, and enjoys developing
solutions to unique challenges. Excellent organizational and
communication skills are essential.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily:
- Provides oversight and direction to project teams and manages
all aspects of research study activities from inception to close
- Manages budgets and timelines and ensures all work is performed
within budget and time constraints.
- Works with clients and research staff to develop technical
approach, write IRB and data collection protocols, design related
materials for projects, and prepare timelines.
- Conducts staff trainings, and assigns and directs activities of
research assistants, research associates, and other staff assigned
to the project.
- Directs the work of subcontractors and vendor staff as
- Collaborates with laboratory, data, field staff, and Telephone
Research Center managers to estimate task specific resource
requirements, and prepare preliminary budgets.
- Provides guidance to the data manager on prioritization of data
management activities and ensures thorough data management plans
which outline quality control and documentation procedures.
- Provides project management support for specimen shipping,
processing, and storage activities.
- Works with programming staff to design study management systems
for projects and assists with development of electronic data
collection approaches, consulting appropriately with clients to
- Develops and maintains procedure manuals.
- Writes monthly project reports, ensuring that all staff
reporting on the project provide accurate and complete descriptions
of effort expended.
- Performs additional duties as required.
- A Master's degree in public health or related field.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in human-subjects health
research. Non-clinical research experience required.
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in managing and/or supervising
- Experience with IRB, including development and revision of
protocols and consent forms required.
- Experience with administration of online surveys; remote and
electronic enrollment/consenting; collection of biospecimens;
re-contacting and re-consenting participants; multi-modal
participant communications strongly preferred.
- Exceptional organization and time management skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and
DLH is committed to fostering a diverse workforce and is proud
to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer of
Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, national
origin, veteran status, disability, or any other classification
protected by law.
Keywords: DLH Holdings Corp., Durham , Research Study Manager I, Other , Durham, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!