Sr Mgr, Adjudication Services
Posted on: June 12, 2021
The Sr. Manager, Adjudication Services is responsible for the
line management and staff development of assigned individuals
operating within the Adjudication Services department. This is a
This includes, but is not limited to:
- Participating in candidate evaluation, interview and hiring
- Ensuring staff training records are up to date
- Providing coaching and mentoring to promote staff
- Setting annual performance goals
- Conducting performance reviews
- Administering salary changes, bonus payouts and promotions
- Addressing any staff performance issues and taking appropriate
- Managing any human resource issues
- Responsible for the assignment of staff to meet Adjudication
Services project resourcing needs. This includes, but is not
- Ongoing review of staff allocation to projects compared to new
project resourcing needs. Making staff assignments as
- Ongoing assessment of adequacy of existing project resourcing,
in light of project phase and deliverables. Making changes to staff
assignments as appropriate.
- Ongoing identification of exposure, professional growth and
mentoring opportunities which are achievable through project
resourcing strategies and taking appropriate action.
- Promotion of collaborative team approach within matrix
environment to achieve deliverables and department objectives.
- Responsible for operational oversight of staff in the
performance of their responsibilities on Adjudication Services
projects, This includes, but is not limited to:
- Management of Project Leads and Project Managers:
- Providing senior management oversight for project design and
- Reviewing project design elements under consideration by direct
reports and advising on best practice
- Monitoring execution by direct reports of assigned project
tasks and adherence to relevant SOPs and Adjudication Services
- Conducting routine quality reviews and process reviews with
- Identifying potential efficiencies and process improvements for
- Reviewing project risk plans. Identifying/assessing project
risks and advising on mitigation plans.
- Reviewing status reports and metrics to assess project progress
- Reviewing project financial data to assess project
- Work in accordance with the Standard Operating Procedure (SOP)
system, including departmental Work Instructions (WIs) and promote
adherence by direct reports, second and third line reports.
- Build and maintain good working relationships within the
Adjudication Services department and across functional units.
- Any other duties as assigned by management.
Level of education required (or experience level which may be
substituted for level of education):
- BS/BA Degree + 10 years relevant experience (or 10 years
adjudication experience), including 8 years of team leadership
experience (preferred) and at least 4 years of line management
- MS/MA Degree + 8 years relevant experience (or 8 years
adjudication experience), including 6 years of team leadership
experience (preferred) and at least 4 years of line management
- RN + 6 years relevant experience (or 6 years adjudication
experience), including 5 years of team leadership experience
(preferred) and at least 4 years of line management experience
Degree preferred (but not necessary) to be in one or more of the
following disciplines: Biological Sciences, Pharmacy, Nursing, Life
Sciences, and Chemistry.
- Adjudication experience includes direct experience setting up
and overseeing the delivery of endpoint projects, working within
adjudication event tracking systems.
Relevant experience includes experience in the pharmaceutical,
biotechnology, CRO or ARO industry in related areas, such as:
Clinical, Safety, Data Management.
- Team leadership experience includes experience bearing overall
responsibility for work products generated for customers by
supporting team members operating in matrix environment, assigning
and coordinating work executed by a team of supporting staff,
organizing efforts of more than one individual to achieve common
Line management experience includes experience bearing
responsibility for a group of assigned individuals with respect to
the conduct of a combination of the following tasks: hiring, goal
setting, performance evaluation, professional growth and
development, HR administrative duties such as salary
administration, resourcing, operational oversight.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage leadership level
staff, including staff with project management and line management
- Excellent relationship-building and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent ability to assess staff performance and put effective
strategies in place to enhance existing strengths and fill any
noted skill or knowledge gaps.
- Excellent ability to effectively address any performance
- Strong ability to grow and develop staff through leadership
levels within the department career ladder.
- Strong ability to coach project leads, project managers and
line managers of staff in development of leadership, communication
and project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently in a staff
management capacity, in limited consultation with management.
- Strong ability to perform project review and process analysis,
identify potential risks and process improvements - and propose
- Functions as a positive, engaging and motivating team
- Strong ability to direct, manage and coordinate the day-to-day
efforts of multiple levels of staff.
- Excellent ability to effectively balance multiple concurrent
priorities in a fast-paced, complex setting.
- Strong ability to effectively manage multiple internal and
external customers competing concurrently for attention, services
- Strong ability to present and share useful business information
across departments and functions.
- Strong ability to anticipate and identify problems and take
appropriate action to correct.
- Strong ability to interact and influence with line and middle
management, staff and external contacts on a functional, tactical
and strategic level.
- Excellent customer focus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Able to
express complex ideas and concepts.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Solid knowledge of medical terminology.
- Solid knowledge of hospital documentation practices.
- Solid nowledge of Good Clinical Practice (GCP).
- Strong understanding of clinical data capture and data analysis
- Strong understanding of customer management.
- Strong understanding of financial management.
- Strong understanding of line management, including management
of line managers.
- High degree of accuracy with close attention to detail and
ability to perform effective quality control.
- Strong familiarity with MS Office and Windows applications
Keywords: Covance, Durham , Sr Mgr, Adjudication Services, Other , Durham, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!