Process Development Engineer
Company: Cree Inc.
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Cree | Wolfspeed's Global team is seeking an enthusiastic and
hands-on Diffusion and Implant Development Engineer with
exceptional organizational, leadership, problem solving, and data
analysis skills to join our growing team.
This position will report into the Process and Product
Engineering team which works closely with the business groups,
R&D, and Operations to help design, develop and characterize
new technology and new products introduced to the fab. The primary
focus of this position is process development and leadership for
diffusion/implant process and equipment. This role will closely
work with the R&D team and process engineering within
operations to develop recipes and solutions for new technologies
and products that are optimized and characterized for both product
performance and manufacturability. This would include enhancing and
optimizing current diffusion/implant processes as well as
developing solutions for our next generation platforms. This role
will also work closely with the other team members to ensure we
meet entitlement goals as well as meeting our quality metrics.
Cree | Wolfspeed in unable to sponsor a visa for this position
now or in the future.
What can Cree Wolfspeed do for you?
- Chance to work with all levels of a global organization.
- Optimize your potential in a high visibility, $1+ billion
company, with great opportunities for career development and
- Work on industry leading technology in a rapidly growing
semiconductor products company.
- Make a difference at a company committed to making the world a
better place with its products and green business practices.
What can you do for Cree Wolfspeed?
- Utilize your experience and knowledge in Diffusion/Implant to
help drive the development of new and enhanced processes and
recipes for our new technology nodes and new products.
- Analyze data using sound statistical methodology to drive
process, efficiency, and quality improvements.
- Establish relationships across various departments to drive
cohesive learning and cross functional problem solving.
- Work closely with R&D and operations to evaluate and
introduce new tools as needed.
- Responsible for documentation and training in the transfer of
new processes to manufacturing including characterization work,
OCAP's, FMEA's and process control plans and limits.
- Present technical data and project updates to peers and
management in both casual and formal environment.
- Travel occasionally to various manufacturing sites and vendor
sites to learn and share knowledge.
- Exhibit strong communication skills to ensure crisp execution
on projects with high efficiency and quality.
What you need for success:
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Materials
Science, or Equivalent
- Process Engineering experience in a semiconductor
- Understanding of semiconductor processes and equipment in
- Proficient at technical writing and presentations
- Experience with common semiconductor diffusion equipment and
processes such as gates, anneals, cleans technology, LPCVD,
- MS in Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Materials
Science, or Equivalent
- 5 years of experience on a Process Engineering team in a
- Strong self-motivation and project management experience
- Broad semiconductor experience, having worked across multiple
- Computer programming experience with SQL, JMP, MS Access, or
similar database and analysis software
- Working knowledge of applied statistics (SPC/DOE)
- Ability to interface with people of different backgrounds and
at every level of the organization
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation
- Strong track record of effective problem-solving, good
engineering judgment and decision-making
- Ability to lead a team that can manage multiple projects and
- Strong drive to produce results in a timely fashion and have
strong sense of competitive urgency
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin,
disability status, protected veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Cree Inc., Durham , Process Development Engineer, Other , Durham, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!