Company: Brookfield Properties - Retail
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Brookfield Properties has an immediate need for a Maintenance
Mechanic at The Streets at Southpoint in Durham, NC.
At Brookfield Properties, the foundation of our success is
firmly rooted in our people.
Our company is comprised of experts across a range of
specialties who share a goal of ensuring our properties are
continuously evolving to meet the needs of our communities and
stakeholders. To meet this goal, we hire visionary, entrepreneurial
talent who help us innovate and enhance our business. We build
collaborative teams who value integrity, creativity and
Our teams operate an iconic portfolio of irreplaceable
properties within the world's most dynamic markets. As one of the
largest real estate services companies, we provide management and
development expertise exclusively for properties owned by
Brookfield Asset Management.
Our retail group operates destination, standalone retail real
estate globally, including over 150 malls in the United States. Our
regional shopping centers create a sense of place in the heart of
the communities in which we do business: offering retail,
lifestyle, dining and entertainment options.
Under the direction of management, the employee will perform a
wide variety of maintenance functions required to maintain the
physical plant of the shopping center. Overall, we seek qualities
that display our company's core values which are Humility,
Attitude, Do the Right Thing, Together and Own it.
- Installing, troubleshooting, repairing and maintaining various
- Operating walk behind and ride on scrubbers
- Operating hi-lifts, trash compactors, freight lift and
- Repairing, modifying and moving retail merchandising units
- Assisting with the removal of snow and ice by vehicle and/or by
- Performing minor roof, floor and plumbing repairs
- Repairing minor concrete and blacktop repairs
- Drywall installation, finishing, painting and repairs
- Assisting with maintaining inventory records
- Any other work that may be requested of the maintenance
department including maintenance of HVAC equipment
- Some shift work and shared on-call emergency response is
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED required
- 3 Years in related field
- 2 years Tech School Grad. or Certificate
- Valid Driver's License required
The physical demands described herein are representative of
those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is required to do the following:
- The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger,
handle, or feel; and talk or hear.
- The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and reach
with hands and arms.
- The employee is frequently required to climb, smell, stoop,
kneel, bend, balance, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee may frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in this work environment is usually
- The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical
parts, high precarious places, fumes or airborne particles, toxic
chemicals, and outside weather conditions.
We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud
to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color,
religion, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic
information, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin,
disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic
protected by federal, state, or local law.
Keywords: Brookfield Properties - Retail, Durham , Maintenance Mechanic, Other , Durham, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!