Production Supervisor - Team Leader I
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Requisition Number: 44976
Corning is one of the world's leading innovators in materials
science, with a 166-year track record of life-changing inventions.
Corning applies its unparalleled expertise in glass science,
ceramics science, and optical physics, along with its deep
manufacturing and engineering capabilities, to develop
category-defining products that transform industries and enhance
people's lives. Corning Valor Glass is an example of a
life-changing innovation purpose-built to store and protect
injectable medicines. Corning is also a global leader in
pharmaceutical tubing, manufacturing a variety of clear and amber
glass tubing that is converted by our customers into vials,
cartridges, ampules and syringes.
Are you a self-starter, passionate about engineering and have a
high level of technical curiosity?
Scope of Role:
Works in conjunction with the product teams to ensure objectives
of cost, quality, safety, schedule compliance, and team development
are met. Serves as management representative for the assigned crew.
Responsible for the performance of their assigned production crew
and meeting the associated departmental and team goals. Responsible
for team development and addressing any performance issues. As an
exempt member of the crew, responsible for developing and
implementing plans to improve the leadership capability of crew
leads, as well as ensure training of all production associates.
Champions site environment of compliance! Responsible for the
development/execution of individual and organizational
Description of Work:
Provides Leadership in a facilitator role to assigned technical
and hourly associates to achieve departmental quality, quantity,
service, cost and safety goals.
- Facilitates monthly team share meetings and participates on
project teams as the need arises.
- Responsible for continuous growth and development of assigned
- Provides mentorship for crew leads in the areas of leadership,
line scheduling, and conflict resolution.
- Conducts skill assessments and recommends actions to
- Provides mentorship/feedback to support performance
- Responsible for ensuring teams have trained Quality
- Coordinates daily production schedules to assure timely
issuance of work orders and materials vital to improve operating
efficiencies and service levels.
- Analyzes work order variances and initiates corrective actions
to resolve discrepancies.
- Trains and develops teams to operate the production line or
shift to achieve established production schedule.
- Works with planning to define monthly production schedules and
provides support to the different product teams to achieve these
- Reviews and analyzes production and financial reports,
preparing reports of specific programs as asked by operations
- Recruits, interviews, and selects hourly personnel, guides the
development of employees through training programs, conducts
quarterly performance appraisals, ensures associates attend
required training, and coordinates employee disciplinary
- Responsible for implementing all plant policies and driving
accountability for individual performance Releases/close out
production orders as needed, audits DHR compliance, audits
production orders to ensure accurate material usage, and ensures
that monthly cycle counts are completed for all product teams.
- Supports and drives Continuous Improvement activities!
- Coordinates with Technical Lead to ensure
reliability/improvement of equipment and processes, training of
technical associates, and coordinating off hours support for
- Responsible for driving a safe work environment and ensuring
immediate correction of any safety issues.
- Implements uniform adherence to plant safety policies and
- Supports activities of crew safety team.
- Leads accident/injury investigation per documented process,
submits completed forms in a timely manner, and implements
corrective actions to eliminate hazards.
- Ensures compliance/improvement of quality systems in
manufacturing, i.e., ISO, QSR, GMP, etc.
- Initiates corrective actions when out of compliance and
educates leadership of noncompliance and proposed corrective
- Ensures crew compliance with all required training (e.g.
Quality and Safety) and schedules makeup training for those who
were unable to attend.
- Able to react to change and perform other tasks as
This role does not support immigration sponsorship.
We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender,
age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity
or expression, disability, or veteran status or any other legally
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided
reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or
interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to
receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact
us to request accommodation.
Keywords: Corning, Durham , Production Supervisor - Team Leader I, Other , Durham, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!