The American Society of Echocardiography (ASE) is an
organization of professionals committed to excellence in
cardiovascular ultrasound and its application to patient care
through education, advocacy, research, innovation, and service to
our members and the public. ASE, the largest subspecialty society
for cardiovascular imaging, is seeking an Administrative
Assistant for our location in Durham, NC. This position will
report to the VP of Health Policy and Member Relations and will be
responsible for the following:
Position Summary: The Administrative
Assistant will provide operational and efficiency support to
the ASE vice presidents. The successful candidate will have
outstanding organizational skills, experience working in a
fast-paced environment and have the ability to successfully
prioritize and manage multiple duties. The successful candidate
will be able to handle all duties with a high-degree of integrity,
professionalism and confidentiality.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Administrative Functions: 90% of the time
Manage day-to-day operational and administrative duties to
support the vice presidents and deputy director, including:
- First point of contact for phone calls for the Advocacy and the
Guidelines and Standards Departments. Taking or directing messages,
fielding answers to all routine and non-routine questions, assuring
superior customer service.
- Manage an extremely active calendar of appointments; assuming
responsibility for the organization of the VPs' calendars.
- Maintain contact lists of relevant volunteers, updating in
membership database as needed.
- Coordinate Doodle polls for meetings, send notices and
reminders for meetings, assuring volunteers and staff are notified
and updated in a timely manner.
- Manage VPs' committee and taskforce meetings, updating the
shared drive with materials, communicating with members and staff
to coordinate their schedules, setting up Zoom links.
- Compose memos, letters, e-mails, documents and other responses
as directed by the VPs.
- Attend (or download) related meetings and conference calls,
take minutes, and transcribe minutes as directed, and send
completed minutes to volunteers.
- Help with slide sets for bi-weekly department staff
- Assist with planning travel and accommodation arrangements, as
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Supervisor, CEO and
Other Functions: 10 % of the time
- Support the organizational structure of ASE by attending staff
meetings, working on task forces, seeking and attending
professional development opportunities, working in a team
atmosphere and cooperating with other staff members, and completing
minutes, meeting summaries, paperwork and timesheets in a timely
Minimum Job Requirements:
Education: Associate's Degree in business related courses.
Bachelor's Degree preferred.
Experience: Three + years extensive direct experience. A
professional background working in a scientific, medical,
education, or professional association setting, and prior
experience working with physicians, high-level professionals, and
volunteer committees is preferred.
- Excellent written / oral communications
- Proven ability to manage multiple, concurrent projects in a
fast-paced environment within expected deadlines and budgets.
- Proficient with MS Office products including Word, PowerPoint,
Excel, and Outlook
- Self-motivated with proven ability to work independently with
- Solid organizational skills to manage multiple projects and
change priorities quickly
- Superior attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong sense of urgency and efficiency in completing work
- Exemplary time management and prioritization skills
- Professional demeanor for phone contacts and interpersonal
- No travel will be required for this position.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time
While it is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job
duties and requirements, ASE management reserves the right to
modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as
necessary. This job description does not constitute a contract and
should not be construed as a contract.
ASE is an equal opportunity employer and offers equal employment
opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex
(including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, veteran
status, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information,
and other protected class characteristics.
Visit our website for more information on ASE
(https://www.asecho.org/) and the ASE Foundation