Sr. Software Engineer
Company: Lowe's Companies, Inc.
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Do you thrive on new and exciting technology? Are you looking
for an opportunity to be part of an evolution and large-scale
digital transformation? As a Software Development Engineer in the
Lowe's Digital organization, you will be working in an open
engineering culture that fosters collaborative decision making with
a global team of passionate and talented mobile software engineers.
You will have an opportunity to build best in-class applications as
well as engineering complex, secure and high -quality reliable back
end for front end systems supporting mobile apps. You will be
responsible for joining a product team and contributing to the
software design, development and overall lifecycle of Mobile
Gateway Micro Services. If you are our ideal candidate, you will
have demonstrated technical and problem-solving skills, a passion
for technology, and strong ownership skills.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure
specifications are converted into flexible, scalable, and
maintainable solution designs; evaluates outcome to ensure they
meet specifications and architectural standards of Mobile
- Solve complex architecture/design and business problems;
solutions are extensible; works to simplify, optimize, remove
- Participates and coach others in all software development
end-to-end product lifecycle phases by applying and sharing an
in-depth understanding of complex company and industry
methodologies, policies, standards, and controls.
- Participate in code reviews to instill the highest of code
quality, ensure Micro Services best practices, and own the
continuous improvement of yourself and the team.
- Validates and execute unit tests, and automated UI tests to
identify application errors and ensure software meet functional
- Stay up to date with the latest trends, techniques, and
innovations in cloud computing and software development.
- Share thoughts and ideas on how to improve the back-end systems
supporting mobile application.
- Good understanding of mobile app development (iOS and/or
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, CIS, or related field
(or equivalent work experience in a related field)
- 5 years of experience in software development using Java,
Kotlin, Ratpack, Ktor or relevant experience or related field
- 4 years of experience in database technologies
- 4 years of experience working on project(s) involving the
implementation of solutions applying development life cycles
- Strong CS/analytical skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in unit testing framework
- In most cases Lowe's will not be able to provide sponsorship
for roles located in the Tech Hub
- 3+ years of experience building scalable solutions using Google
Cloud Platform (GCP)
- Coding experience using swift, Objective-C or Android software
- Experienced with the XCode build system and deploying apps to
the Apple App Store
- Experience using Firebase SDKs
- Able to provide best practices for development, unit testing
and acceptance testing
Lowe's Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE 50 home
improvement company serving approximately 18 million customers a
week in the United States and Canada. With fiscal year 2019 sales
of $72.1 billion, Lowe's and its related businesses operate or
service more than 2,200 home improvement and hardware stores and
employ approximately 300,000 associates. Based in Mooresville,
N.C., Lowe's supports its hometown Charlotte region and all
communities it serves through programs focused on creating safe,
affordable housing and helping to develop the next generation of
skilled trade experts. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
About Lowe's in the Community:
As a FORTUNE 50 home improvement company, Lowe's is committed to
creating safe, affordable housing and helping to develop the next
generation of skilled trade experts through nonprofit partnerships.
Across every community we serve, Lowe's associates donate their
time and expertise through the Lowe's Heroes volunteer program. For
the latest news, visit Newsroom.Lowes.com or follow @LowesMedia on
Keywords: Lowe's Companies, Inc., Durham , Sr. Software Engineer, Other , Durham, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!