Occupational Therapist FT 32 Hrs Wk
Company: Brookdale Home Health
Posted on: June 11, 2021
Overview: Make Lives Better Including Your Own.
Brookdale Home Health of Raleigh is seeking a Full TIme (32
hr/week) Occupational Therapist to join our team of therapy
The happiness of those we serve is dependent on the happiness of
our associates, so you'll receive competitive compensation and a
benefits package with additional perks designed to make you smile.
The work you do will be challenging yet rewarding. But you'll earn
more than a paycheck; you can enjoy opportunities to grow your
career, as well as ongoing programs catered to your health,
financial, mental, and emotional needs. Most of all, we believe you
can find purpose, meaning, and the chance to be a part of something
bigger than yourself.
Veterans, transitioning active duty military personnel, and
military spouses are encouraged to apply.
We believe that in order to best serve our residents and patients,
we need to first serve our associates. One way we do that is
through our benefits. Our offerings include, but are not limited
Full-time and part-time associate benefits:
• 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
• Benefit plan package
• Employee Stock Purchase Program
• Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
• Associate Compassion Fund
• Associate Discounts
• Identity theft protection
• Pet savings and insurance plans
• Voluntary benefits available
Full-time associate benefits:
• Extensive Insurance Plans, including medical, dental, vision,
flexible spending account, health savings account and more.
• Paid Time Off
• Adoption Benefit
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Company-provided life insurance and accidental death and
• Voluntary STD and LTD Responsibilities: Performs evaluations and
assessments, administers treatments and screenings, and documents
services. Assists patients in reaching their maximum level of
performance and provides plan of care.
- Optimizes the physical abilities and skills of patients by
performing or supervising therapy staff in the following
activities: initiating referrals; evaluating and treating
appropriate patients; effectively participating in the care
planning process; appropriately documenting progress toward
identified objectives and communicating patient status and needs to
the patient, the patient's family, the staff and other
professionals as appropriate.
- Establishes individual patient schedules in conjunction with
other team members.
- Develops treatment plans by identifying a problem list,
including long and short-term goals and methods to achieve
identified goals. Confers formally and informally with the
physician and other team members in coordinating the total
rehabilitation program of the patient.
- Coordinates treatment plan with patient, family and other team
members. Implements and conducts treatment as outlined in the
treatment plan. Monitors patient's response to intervention and
modifies treatment as indicated to attain goals in accordance with
physician orders. Adapts treatment to meet the individual needs of
- Develops appropriate home program to maintain and enhance the
performance of the patient in his/her own environment.
- Documents results of patient's assessment, treatment, follow-up
and termination of services.
- Provides/recommends/fabricates adaptive devices, orthotics or
prosthetics. Trains patient, family and appropriate staff in the
use or application of the device, orthotic or prosthetic.
- Refers patients for treatment to Certified Occupational Therapy
Assistants (COTA) by completing evaluation and initial plan of
treatment and communicating necessary and sufficient information.
Supervises and directs COTA in the implementation of the treatment
- Reviews the quality and appropriateness of the total services
delivered and of individual occupational therapy programs for
effectiveness and efficiency, using predetermined criteria. Submits
billing, payroll and expense documentation in an accurate and
timely manner. Assists in the collection of statistics as
- Adheres to Brookdale Healthcare Services policies and
procedures. Complies with all Infection Control, Universal
Precautions, and OSHA standards for the healthcare
- Assumes responsibility for ongoing continuing education and
professional development. Attends in-service training as well as
provides education to members of the patient care team and members
of the community.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities
for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent
a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should
perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Qualifications: Education and Experience
Bachelor of Science in Occupational Therapy from an accredited
program. Successful completion of the National Certification
Examination for Registered Occupational Therapist.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special
State license in practicing state.
Applies existing guidelines and procedures to make varied decisions
within a department. Uses sound judgment and experience to solve
moderately complex problems based on precedent, example,
reasonableness or a combination of these.
Knowledge and Skills
Possesses extensive knowledge of a distinct skill or function and a
thorough understanding of the organization and work environment.
Basic computer software skills in Microsoft Word and Excel. Ability
to work holidays and weekends as operation demands. Ability to
maintain the highest standards of ethical professional and clinical
judgment. Ability to address staff and patients in a courteous and
friendly manner as well as accept constructive criticism. Must be
willing to communicate with patients of various levels of
functioning and various types of personalities. Willingness to
communicate perceived physical and emotional needs of patients to
other skilled staff to assist with addressing their care needs.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Climb or balance
- Stoop, kneel, crouch crawl
- Talk or hear
- Taste or smell
- Ability to lift: up to 50 pounds
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure
- On-Call on an as needed basis
- Possible exposure to communicable diseases and infections
- Potential injury from transferring, repositioning, or lifting
- Exposure to latex
- Possible exposure to blood-borne pathogens
- Possible exposure to various drugs, chemical, infectious, or
- Subject to injury from falls, burns, odors, or cuts from
- Requires Travel: Occasionally
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free
Keywords: Brookdale Home Health, Durham , Occupational Therapist FT 32 Hrs Wk, Other , Durham, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!