Team Lead, Patient Access
Company: LifePoint Hospitals
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Person Memorial Hospital
Performs receptionist, registration, and clerical duties
associated with direct and scheduled patient admissions.
- Audits and ensures that all necessary demographic, billing, and
clinical information is obtained and entered in the registration
system with timeliness and accuracy.
- Distributes and explains forms, documents, and educational
handouts to registration staff.
- Meets with patient or patient's caregiver before or after
admission to exchange necessary information and documentation.
Provides explanation of process and addresses concerns and
- Communicates with admitting physician's office, nursing unit
staff, and/or other appropriate personnel regarding admission to
exchange necessary information and determine placement.
- Verifies insurance benefits and obtains
precertification/authorization as necessary. Determines and accepts
required payments, including co-pays and deductibles, or refers to
financial counselors for follow up.
- Audits and monitors IMM's & MSP reports on a daily and weekly
- Support Patient Access Director in measuring and monitoring
registrars performance regarding upfront collections on a weekly
and monthly basis.
- Serves as a mentor with training new employees in various
functional activities required for all patient types.
- Verifies insurance and runs estimators for pre-registration
- Monitors QA goals as well as estimators from Relay Health for
- Performs functions of a registrar as needed.
- Assumes on-call responsibilities to ensure adequate staffing
when needed. Performs other duties as required.
Reports to: Patient Financial Service Director
High School diploma or equivalent required.
Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the
ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a
stressful environment and take appropriate action.
Keywords: LifePoint Hospitals, Durham , Team Lead, Patient Access, Other , Roxboro, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!