Company: ABB Group
Posted on: April 9, 2021
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is
energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a
more productive, sustainable future.At ABB, we have the clear goal
of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender,
LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are
embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually
and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
ABB Distribution Solutions are a global leader in power
distribution solutions, delivering pioneering low and
medium-voltage innovations and services. We care about your
tomorrow, providing solutions for a smarter, safer, environmentally
friendly and more reliable flow and distribution of electricity.
Manufacturing at ABB ranges from assembly of customized industrial
robots to advanced production of electrical switches and breakers.
The innovative products we make, drive the world's largest ships,
connect remote renewable power sources with consumers, and automate
complex industrial processes. The role reports to the Production
Supervisor and is located in Mebane, North Carolina. As a Welder,
you will be responsible for performing a variety of welding
operations including MIG/ TIG/Arc welding and brazing functions.
Use power and non-power hand tools such as hammers, wrenches, etc.
- Layout, fabrication and operation of equipment necessary for
the fabrication of sheet metal welded assemblies.
- Understand and carry out oral instructions, read and carry out
simple written instructions.
- Will use various welding equipment - knowledge of process of
TIG and MIG.
- Will use micrometers, calibrated steel tapes, etc. Responsible
to work production schedule as assigned.
- Meet all On Time Delivery and Adherence to Schedule
requirements set in Fabrication.
- Operates with exceptional Safety and attention to Safe
- Must be able to weld based off of blueprint, drawings, models
and other criteria.
- Must be able to follow all English language written and verbal
instructions. Your background
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have had 1 year of experience in various forms of
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would
permit them to work for ABB in the US.
- Certified Welder Preferred.
- Must be able to pass a welding performance evaluation and
- Must be able to use various hand tools.
- Must be able to read, measure using various tools such as
micrometers, scales, tape measures.
- Must be able to identify and list production data such as
quantities, shield gas, alloys . More about us We look forward to
receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB,
take another look at our website .Equal Employment Opportunity and
Affirmative Action at ABBABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity
(EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the
workplace.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry,
religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual
orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family
medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more
information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please
visit the following websites: . As an Equal Employment Opportunity
and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review
the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between
the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by
contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-.Protected veterans and
qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable
accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use
or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may
request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR
Representative at 1- or by sending an email to . Resumes and
applications will not be accepted in this manner.
Keywords: ABB Group, Durham , Welder, Other , Mebane, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!