Help create a
healthier world. Start right here at IQVIA.
Locations: Durham, NC Full time R1146208 Date Posted:
The Lead Contract Negotiations (LCN) group sits within the
Global Business Operations (GBO) team and is a dynamic group with
high visibility within IQVIA. LCN is responsible for reviewing,
drafting and negotiating Customer Agreements and Vendor Agreements
for IQVIA and liaises with the Global Legal Department and many
business stakeholders to assess and reduce business risk related to
terms and conditions in our contracts. We seek highly motivated and
accountable people looking for opportunities to impact the business
and be part of the solution. At IQVIA, we look at individuals with
a focus on continuous learning and career development
This position forms part of the Lead Contract Negotiators (LCN)-
which supports the organization’s agreements globally.
Provide senior level support to Deputy General Counsel,
Associate General Counsel and/or other members of the Legal team
for complex, confidential and highly sensitive legal issues.
Monitor general litigation and assist attorneys in pursuit or
defense of litigation, including conducting legal research,
drafting of legal and business communications, compiling supporting
documentation, conducting witness interviews, providing assistance
to and liaison with outside counsel, and conducting maintenance of
the Company litigation report.
Maintain compliance of corporate minute books for all U.S.
subsidiaries, including annual filings, corporate minutes and board
Provide oversight and maintenance of database of Company’s
global subsidiary records and information.
Maintain trademark and other intellectual property portfolios,
including accurate dockets, and reviews and tracks expenses.
Perform extensive research and compile information regarding
prospective trademarks, trade names, trade dress, prints, and
domain names; perform searches, prepare and file trademark
application as and maintain trademark documentation.
Draft, revise and negotiate more complex IQVIA contracts.
Interact internally and externally with executive level
management and legal counsel on issues requiring negotiation.
Conduct complex written and/or verbal follow-up with Customers
after the delivery of draft or signature-ready contracts.
Lead and participate in Team meetings.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Strong organizational, planning, project management,
communication, presentation and influence skills.
• Strong business acumen.
• Solid understanding of the government regulations that effect
the operation of the organization
• Ability to work creatively in a fast-paced environment
• Sound decision-making skills
• Exceptional attention to detail and ability to work
simultaneously on multiple priorities
• Ability to work independently, establish and maintain
effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and
clients, and at the same time be a good team player
• Possess excellent interpersonal and relationship building
skills necessary to establish quickly credibility and trust
throughout the organization.
• Ability to deliver results and handle confidential
• Ability to negotiate, read and draft in English, as well as
fluent in spoken English.
• Excellent written and verbal communication and influence
skills with open, direct communication style and willingness to
engage in constructive debate.
• Excellent skills using MS Office Suite: MS Excel, MS Word, MS
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Excellent academic background with a law degree from a
• Qualified to practice law in a global organization and has 8
or more years post qualification experience.
• Prior in-house experience in the pharmaceutical industry
and/or familiarity with drug discovery and development process will
be a plus.
• Proficient in drafting various type of contracts in English
and negotiating complex deals directly with customers and
• Extensive use of telephone and face-to-face communication
requiring accurate perception of speech
• Extensive use of keyboard requiring repetitive motion of
• Regular sitting for extended periods of time
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science
and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our
customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics,
technology solutions and contract research services we provide to
the life sciences industry are made possible by our 67,000+
employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and
intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at
IQVIA is an EEO Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected
IQVIA, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations for applicants
with disabilities. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation
to submit an application for employment or otherwise participate in
the application process should contact IQVIA’s Talent Acquisition
team at email@example.com to arrange for such an