Senior Director Project Management, PM COE - CAR-T Posted Date 2
days ago (8/6/2020 8:13 PM)
Job Number 2020-49254
Job Category Project Management
Position Type Full-Time
Job Overview Senior Director, Oncology-Project Management Center
Home-Based in the US
Therapeutic Area Experience Required: CAR-T
The Senior Director is an industry leader responsible for
overseeing operational, financial and quality delivery of a
portfolio of clinical studies conducted within a GTMO therapeutic
area. The Senior Director is expected to serve as the voice of the
customer, ensuring effective project design and execution while
fostering strategic relationships in order to grow the
They need to demonstrate the ability to prioritize between
functional area objectives and project delivery in order to be in
line with corporate strategy.
Additionally, the Senior Director is responsible for the line
management and talent development and retention of assigned project
management staff with an emphasis on developing and improving
consistent project management excellence. The Senior Director
supports the PMO to establish project management standards and
ensure they are followed by performing regular assessments of staff
performance on projects.
Essential Job Duties:
- Helps to define and implement the GTMO vision and strategy;
translates this into key initiatives and priorities; develops and
delivers against operating plans & project plans; achieves results
in a global, virtual and complex environment; tracks and measures
- Engages with Covance’s leadership to help drive and implement
company-wide and GTMO initiatives.
- Leads by Example in creating a forward-looking culture of
ownership and accountability; delegates for development and growth;
identifies and sets up high performers for success; is self-aware
and a learner.
- Has a good understanding of the industry, market and our
clients and presents Covance’s operational and clinical
capabilities to clients. Leads growth within the Therapeutic Area;
designs and develops winning trial solutions that result in a
growing, profitable portfolio of business in the TA.
- Contributes to the TA commercial, operational, medical and
scientific leadership and direction, leveraging expertise from
other functions as required.
- Owns client expectations and satisfaction; identifies,
develops and fosters new and existing client relationships at
senior operational levels with clients, KOLs, and strategic
partners; and guides teams in delivering to establish/maintain
effective client relationships.
- Contributes to business development strategies, including RFI
response, proposal development, bid defense preparation and
Line Management & Talent Development
- Ensures allocated resources are aligned with current and
forecasted work in terms of capability, quantity, timing, and
- Attracts, selects, on-boards, develops and retains high
performing talent; strengthens and deepens talent bench and
- Assesses project management competencies for assigned staff in
order to create developmental plans that will increase competencies
and close performance gaps.
- Provides line management and technical support to assigned
project leaders, including training, development and performance
review of assigned staff.
- Contributes to development and delivery of TA specific &
- Ensures the right talent are assigned to the right projects at
the right time; ensures that the talent is fully utilized; and
ensures project staff assignment is aligned with contract.
- Part ownership of the global P&L for the TA, including top
line growth, operating margin, project cost variance, forecasting,
expense management, and other business metrics.
- Champions operational, financial, and quality delivery -
encompassing consistent quality while mitigating risk and assuring
patient safety, data integrity and GCP compliance.
- Supports a culture of project management excellence whereby
project leaders have a deep understanding of their role and
responsibility to ensure project success for the TA and their
clients across the region.
- Ensures that assigned staff understand and perform
consistently according to defined operational, financial, and
quality performance and process standards.
- Uses established operational, financial and quality metrics
and reporting dashboards to assess resource needs and staff
performance for assigned staff.
- Supports the development and implementation of consistent
project tools, templates and reports that deliver informative
performance metrics and other critical information to
Education/Qualifications Experience Minimum requirements:
Ten (10) or more years of drug development and clinical research
experience (pharmaceutical, biotech or CRO), preferably including 3
or more years leading P1b-PIII clinical trials in respective
Therapeutic Area (Oncology).
- 2 or more years global leadership experience, ideally in a
complex, virtual and matrix environment leading large
- Broader level client relationships and business development
- Demonstrated vision, strategy and growth experience.
- Financial acumen (P&L, budget, forecast, resources
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment.
Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Why Grow Your Career with Covance?
Covance, the drug development business of LabCorp, is recognized
as a leader in drug development because of our exceptional people.
At Covance, we embrace and celebrate the different strengths,
experiences and perspectives of our 20,000+ team members across the
globe. Our team is driven by an energizing purpose to improve
health and improve lives. Here, you can play a role in bringing new
scientific discoveries to life and make a difference in the lives
of millions. And, with our comprehensive service portfolio, you’ll
have the opportunity to explore diverse projects and unique career
paths across the drug development spectrum. Join us and discover
your extraordinary potential.
From FORTUNE. (c)2019 Fortune Media IP Limited. All rights
reserved. Used under license.FORTUNE and The World's Most Admired
Companies are registered trademarks of Fortune MediaIP Limited and
are used under license. FORTUNE and Fortune Media IP Limited are
not affiliatedwith, and do not endorse products of, Laboratory
Corporation of America Holdings.