Help create a
healthier world. Start right here at IQVIA.
Locations: Durham, NC Full time R1141312 Date Posted:
IQVIA™ is the leading human data science company focused on
helping healthcare clients find unparalleled insights and better
solutions for patients. Formed through the merger of IMS Health and
Quintiles, IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that harness the
power of healthcare data, domain expertise, transformative
technology, and advanced analytics to drive healthcare forward.
Provide financial direction and meet internal and external
financial reporting requirements. Advise senior management on
various financial issues. Ensure timely and accurate accounting and
reports in accordance with IQVIA Finance Standard Operating
Procedures (SOPs), US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
(GAAP), Sarbanes Oxley rules as well as local GAAP and tax
• The senior finance position in the unit or country will have
responsibility for the integrity and accuracy of financial
reporting for that unit or country.
• Manage staff in accordance with organization’s policies and
applicable legislation. Responsibilities include planning,
assigning, and directing work; appraising performance and guiding
professional development; rewarding and disciplining employees;
addressing employee relations issues and resolving problems.
Approve actions on human resources matters, including salary
• Effectively manage team resources and delegate tasks
commensurate with skill level. Evaluate workload and quality
through regular review.
• Contribute to discussions on implementation of Finance
strategy on a regional/ country/division/unit basis and implement
objectives as appropriate. Ensure staff have a consistent
understanding and positive impression of business strategy for
their respective business unit/division/country.
• Participate in the implementation of strategic initiatives and
• Ensure timely and accurate financial reporting. Analyze and
review financial statements and supporting schedules.
• Prepare and present formal forecasts and budgets based on
guidelines from Corporate Finance.
• Monitor performance against forecast and budget goals; carry
out related analyses; explain significant variances; determine
financial strategies to meet financial goals and direct internal
• Coordinate preparation for financial, tax, and related audits
(internal, external and financial authority).
• Establish and ensure compliance with financial policies and
• Ensure compliance with local country and corporate statutory
insurance requirements, Errors and Omissions liability, property
and casualty liability, and risk management.
• Direct financial reporting and other policy
development/integration of new corporate initiatives.
• Monitor corporate income, sales and use, property, payroll and
benefit taxes. Plan tax return preparation and compliance.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's Degree
• 12 years’ experience in accounting including 3 years’ line
management experience or
equivalent combination of education, training and
• Strong technical accounting skills.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
• Strong analytical and numeracy skills.
• Strong problem solving skills.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to lead, influence and motivate others.
• Management of others.
• Ability to manage conflicting priorities.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working
relationships with co-workers, managers and clients.
• CPA - Certified Public Accountant CPA qualified (or
Making a positive impact on human health takes insight,
curiosity, and intellectual courage. It takes brave minds, pushing
the boundaries to transform healthcare. Regardless of your role,
you will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping
our clients drive healthcare forward and ultimately improve
outcomes for patients.
Forge a career with greater purpose, make an impact, and never
IQVIA is an EEO Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected
IQVIA, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations for applicants
with disabilities. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation
to submit an application for employment or otherwise participate in
the application process should contact IQVIA’s Talent Acquisition
team at email@example.com to arrange for such an