Company: AveXis, Inc.
Posted on: February 17, 2020
OverviewReady to join a team committed to developing and
commercializing gene therapies for patients and families devastated
by rare neurological genetic diseases? AveXis is advancing
cutting-edge science, starting with our proprietary gene therapy
for the treatment of spinal muscular atrophy (SMA). We are in the
midst of an incredible journey and are looking for passionate
individuals to join us on this important mission.AveXis, a Novartis
company, is dedicated to developing and commercializing novel
treatments for patients suffering from rare and life-threatening
neurological genetic diseases. Our initial product is a proprietary
gene therapy approved by the US Food and Drug Administration for
the treatment of pediatric patients with SMA. In addition to
developing a treatment for SMA, AveXis also plans to develop other
novel treatments for rare neurological diseases, including Rett
syndrome and a genetic form of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis caused
by mutations in the superoxide dismutase 1 (SOD1) gene.The
Executive Assistant will be experienced in handling a wide range of
executive support and be able to work independently with little or
no supervision. Must be extremely well organized, flexible and
strive under the challenges and pressure of supporting a growing
organization. This candidate will need to balance multiple
priorities, while remaining proactive, adaptable and efficient.
Strong written and verbal communication skills, strong
decision-making ability and attention to detail are extremely
important in this role. Must be able to maintain confidential and
sensitive information.This role provided direct administrative
support to Sr. VP and their staff to ensure productivity through
routine administrative activities as well as non-routine activities
and special projects.Responsibilities
- Complete routine/non-routine, complex projects, assignments
which may include creating presentations, interview schedules,
contracts or other confidential documents.
- Schedule and manage on-site, off-site and virtual meetings
across US and international time zones.
- Organize and maintain logistics of business travel.
- Independently identify and initiate process improvement areas
across departments or function with limited direction.
- Maintain communication with all levels of management and
employees, often dealing with confidential information.
- Coordinate internal and external meetings, set up conference
calls and in-house training/meetings.
- Perform special projects and/or other functions to support the
business as assigned or proactively performed.
- Advanced technical skills with Outlook, Word, Excel, and
- Strong organizational skills.
- High-level prioritizing and multi-tasking.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Embrace the AveXis culture and model work behaviors that are
consistent with each of the companys core values: Tenacity,
Teamwork, and Integrity.
- Submit expense reports.
- Support AveXis Leadership Team meetings by attending and taking
- Tact and confidentiality handling sensitive, confidential
- At least 7 years of administrative support experience including
direct support of senior leaders.
- Bachelors degree highly preferred.
- Strong PC skills including advanced knowledge of the MS Office
suite including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated ability to manage a diverse workload of diverse
tasks; organization and prioritization.
- Strong interpersonal and oral communication.
- High tolerance for deadlines and conflicting priorities.
- Team Orientation and delegation skills.
- Minimum 5 years experience supporting Executive level
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience.The level of this
position will be based on the final candidates
qualifications.Please note this job description is not designed to
cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with
or without notice.AveXis is committed to creating a diverse
environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity,
national origin, genetics, disability, age, sexual orientation or
veteran status.Need help finding the right job?We can recommend
jobs specifically for you!Job Locations US-NC-DurhamPosted Date 6
days ago (2/6/2020 7:31 AM)Job ID 2019-4295# of Openings 0Category
Keywords: AveXis, Inc., Durham , Executive Assistant, Other , Durham, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!