Leader of Advanced Analytics
Company: Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina
Posted on: January 17, 2020
We have curated nearly four million patients into powerful
datasets. We now require an ambitious leader to develop the tools
and technologies enabling our analytics professionals to deploy
data-infused solutions and insights that change our business, lower
the cost of healthcare, and enhance our customer s satisfaction and
As the Leader of Advanced Analytics you will be responsible for
using the latest techniques in information retrieval and evaluation
to build sophisticated models & data products to power business
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
* Leads a team of data scientists to explore & evaluate the
landscape of data, tools & cutting-edge AI and Machine Learning
techniques to build predictive models.
* Partners with data engineers to validate & deploy solutions in an
efficient, sustainable & usable manner.
* Consults and interfaces with business leaders to help refine the
organization s highest-profile use cases
* Advises business leadership team on advanced analytics
opportunities on an ongoing basis
* Builds, motivates & mentors a team of data scientists to grow
their skills and careers.
* Builds relationships both within Blue Cross NC and the external
data science community to continue to attract & develop top-tier
QUALITIES WE LOVE:
* A Technical Expert: Has hands-on experience developing data
science solutions, from concept to production, and selecting the
right tool for the job at hand. Understands modern cloud computing.
Experience prototyping and implementing data science solutions in
an enterprise. Knows R, Scala, or Python.
* An Innovator: Continually researches and evaluates emerging
technologies. Stays current on published state-of-the-art
algorithms and models. Obsesses over model risk and governance.
* A Product Leader: Develops & implements data products that the
business (as your customer) can seamlessly integrate into decision
* A People Leader: Leads by example. Acts as a role model for the
* A Communicator: Communicates complex ideas clearly. The team
knows their priorities as does executive leadership.
* Master s Degree plus 6 years of experience in data analytics, or
PhD plus 4 years of experience in data analytics
* At least 3 years coding experience with open source programming
languages such as R, Python, or Scala;
* At least 3 years experience developing commercial data science
solutions leveraging one or more of the following: operations
research, natural language processing, machine learning, deep
learning, video/image analysis, or time-series analysis.
* 3 years formally leading teams
* Master s Degree in a STEM Major (Science, Technology,
Engineering, or Math) plus 6 years of experience in data analytics,
or a PhD in a STEM Major plus 4 years of experience in data
* Experience working with AWS, Azure, or similar cloud platform
* Experience working with Tensorflow/Pytorch
* Experience in the health care industry.
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina ("Blue Cross NC")
complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not
discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age,
disability or sex. Blue Cross NC does not exclude people or treat
them differently because of race, color, national origin, age,
disability or sex.
Keywords: Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina, Durham , Leader of Advanced Analytics, Other , Durham, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!