Business Application Expert
Company: Apex Systems
Posted on: January 17, 2020
Job #: 1025734
Our client is looking for a Technical Business Application Expert
for their office in Durham, NC. Qualified candidates should have a
technical background with SQL and systems experience. If interested
email your most updated resume to Sarah at
- Manages the day-to-day operational and tactical aspects of
multiple or mid/larger scale projects, new initiatives and other
ongoing business deliverables in accordance with business needs.
Identifies, evaluates and resolves issues that conflict with
- Collaborates closely with project team members, business owners
and sponsors to develop and successfully implement
- Assesses project risks, develops mitigation and contingency
plans. Oversees project to ensure projects have required resources,
meets milestones and are successfully implemented.
- Coordinates work of matrix and/or cross-functional team.
- Develops project plans and recommendations in support of
Departmental/Company objectives and leads implementation; tracks
and reports on the status of the project. Must ascertain,
categorize and manage projects in relation to corporate
- Develops and recommends effective business improvement
- Delegates work as required and ensures a quality end product
through close customer contact. Assesses customer/client
satisfaction through direct feedback/evaluation.
- Documents and presents project management results through the
development of criteria (established with client), issue analysis
papers and reports; ensures that projects meet established
objectives such as financial goals, and creates an evaluation plan
to ensure that the implementation plan achieves goals.
- Coordinates development and implementation of policies and
procedures as well as development of compliance measurements.
Controls and monitors project effectiveness; updates project plans
- Proposes a variety of solutions to business issues/problems
utilizing appropriate analysis tools (i.e. Cost/Benefit Analysis,
- Represents company in meetings with external parties including
consultants, vendors, and others and may include service delivery
management of vendors.
- Assists with analysis and development of business processes to
ensure quality, cost effectiveness, timeliness of customer service,
and regulatory requirements and mandates are met.
- Develops escalation process to channel issues and concerns to
- Evaluates project risks, developing contingency plans and
responding to change in risk as the project progresses.
- Develops and tracks budgets, operating plans and financial cost
forecasts to support the objectives of the project.
- Bachelor's degree and 3 years of project/program management
- If no degree, 5 years of project/program management experience
- Knowledge of healthcare/insurance industry preferred.
- Ability to develop and maintain project documentation to
specifically address project scope, deliverables, project plans,
cost tracking, resource usage, issue tracking and status
- Excellent influencing and consultative skills; and the ability
to proactively identify and resolve issues and opportunities.
- Ability to determine the information necessary to strategically
assess market situations as well as the ability to evaluate and
determine optimal plans of action.
- Statistical, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Work coordination/leadership skills.
- Project management software experience needed.
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS Project, MS Excel, MS Word and
- Project Management Professional preferred
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not
discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color,
religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth,
breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry,
citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner
status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim,
protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership,
or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider
qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent
with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our
website in search of information on employment opportunities or to
apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our
website for a search or application, please contact our Employee
Services Department at 844-463-6178.
Keywords: Apex Systems, Durham , Business Application Expert, Other , Durham, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!