Posted on: February 25, 2021
Our team is growing around the world. Learn more about the
passionate professionals that make up Genesys. See what careers we
have to offer at http://gsys.co/n8G030mN7lN. You will be
responsible for a broad range of technology transactions and
operational issues, and for counselling business and sales units on
a variety of issues within the North America region. To be
successful within the organization, the Corporate Counsel must
embrace the core values of the organization and quickly establish
yourself as a team player who is both flexible and intellectually
nimble, with an enhanced commercial/business perspective, and be a
self-starter who can immediately contribute in a challenging and
fast-paced environment.-- You will be a qualified lawyer (passed
bar exam in any US State), with rights to reside and work within
the United States, with a valid legal degree from a recognized
University, and have an expertise in technology contracts with and
strong emphasis on cloud-based services and software licensing
agreements, Reseller and Partner Agreements and ancillary
contractual experience. You will focus on cloud subscription
agreements and all related cloud-based transactional matters, as
well as inbound and outbound software licensing and distribution
agreements, especially in connection with enterprise licensing
transactions. What You'll Do: In this role, the primary
responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Negotiating, drafting and closing cloud and software licensing
and technology agreements and related matters such as subscription
agreements, reseller and teaming agreements, subcontractor
agreements, RFP responses, statements of work, direct and indirect
licensing agreements, Cloud-based transactions, alliance/partnering
agreements, enterprise software and support agreements, marketing
agreements, and distribution/channel agreements.
- Knowledge of and engagement with data privacy and data
- Preparation of standard templates for recurring commercial
transactions and to address new business models or legal and
- Counselling and collaborating with business/sales clients,
marketing, finance and other business functions necessary to
effectively and efficiently accomplish assignments and ensuring
best practices in various legal areas such as antitrust,
intellectual property protection, contract law, and others.
- Working with internal business partners on education and
planning and advising business leaders on significant legal issues
impacting the business, and specifically the Cloud services,
including the drafting and hands-on negotiation of diverse
commercial agreements with global parties.
- Oversee a contract approval process, contract database,
contract summaries, and a system for tracking contract performance
after signing, and manage.
- Maintain legal, compliance, corporate governance and other
- Ad hoc duties as directed by Management-- About You:--
- You must possess a law degree from an accredited law school and
have passed a bar exam in any US State or Territory and be a member
in good standing in any such State or Territory.
- Minimum of 3 years legal experience required and gained from a
combination of private practice and in-house roles. This position
requires a confident and experienced attorney with a strong track
record in managing a broad range of legal issues and interacting
closely with business leaders.
- Proficient in commercial and contract law and have experience
negotiating and drafting a variety of contracts including Cloud,
licensing, distribution, supply, OEM/ODM, collaboration, and
- Customer-facing work (e.g., sales and deal desk, etc.) focus is
- Substantial experience with top rated law firm or major high
technology company required.
- Proficient knowledge of legal issues specific to the
Server/Storage/Cloud Computing industry.
- Demonstrated attention to detail, a good communicator,
organized and possess excellent drafting skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of, and ability to navigate, complex
legal and regulatory compliance issues.
- Must have positive, problem-solving, business focused attitude
with good judgment prioritizing workload in fast paced environment,
with and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and
complete projects accurately, on schedule.
- Must be a team player also able to self-start and work
independently. Deal/negotiation experience is essential.
- Must be customer-centric and have the ability to lead business
negotiations and assist clients in meeting their objectives.
- Ability to work on complex matters with minimal
- Track record of establishing strong working relationships with
internal/external business clients and within the legal
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including the
ability to collaboratively work cross functionally with internal
teams including finance, sales operations, product management and
- Telecom, IVR, or similar industry experience helpful
- Experience with other international experience and language
skills will also be taken into consideration.
- Excellent judgment, confident and comfortable, with a strong
work ethic.-- Covid-19
Safety for our employees and our communities is a key priority for
Genesys. We continue to experience rapid growth during the Covid-19
pandemic and are conducting remote hiring and onboarding processes.
All hiring and onboarding processes are being conducted remotely at
this time. We utilize Zoom video meetings and phone calls during
the interview process. We will be working remotely through at least
June 30, 2021, in most locations, and we are re-evaluating the
opening date of all the Genesys offices on an ongoing basis.
Every year, Genesys-- delivers more than 70 billion remarkable
customer experiences for organizations in over 100 countries.
Through the power of the cloud and AI, our technology connects
every customer moment across marketing, sales and service on any
channel, while also improving employee experiences. Genesys
pioneered Experience as a Service--- so organizations of any size
can provide true personalization at scale, interact with empathy,
and foster customer trust and loyalty. This is enabled by Genesys
Cloud---, an all-in-one solution and the world's leading public
cloud contact center platform, designed for rapid innovation,
scalability and flexibility. Visit www.genesys.com.
Genesys is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in
the workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to
race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, marital status, domestic partner status,
national origin, genetics, disability, military and veteran status,
and other protected characteristics.
Keywords: Genesys, Durham , Corporate Counsel, Legal , Durham, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!