Manager - IT Audit, Security & Privacy
Company: The Association of International Certified Profess
Posted on: May 18, 2019
About The Association
Combining the strengths of the American Institute of CPAs and the
Chartered Institute of Management Accountants, we empower the
world's most highly-skilled accountants - CPAs and CGMA designation
holders - with the knowledge, insight and foresight to meet today's
demands and tomorrow's challenges. We drive a dynamic accounting
profession that works every day to build trust, create opportunity
and grow prosperity worldwide.
Responsible for managing and performing complex-level professional
internal auditing, security and privacy (S&P) work, with a
focus on data privacy and information technology. Expectations
include planning, leading and/or conducting global operational,
data privacy and information technology audit projects; providing
consulting services to the organization's management and staff;
providing key input to development of the annual iARC project plan;
and providing training and coaching to iARC team members. Works
independently under general supervision with considerable latitude
for initiative and independent judgment.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Designs, performs and manage IT audit procedures, including
identifying and defining issues, developing criteria, reviewing and
analyzing evidence, and documenting client processes and procedures
which focus on change control processes, security and operational
procedures, over various system platforms including Oracle
Financials, Windows, UNIX/Linux, Oracle database and SQL Server
database and include identifying risks and evaluate the adequacy of
controls to mitigate risk.
- Aid in the design, integrated business process audits to assess
the effectiveness of IT related controls supporting the reliability
of financial reporting assertions and organizational
- Design, perform and manage compliance audits for security,
privacy, and other organizational risks (i.e. PCI, Privacy, SOC 2,
- Develops, implements, and manages the Company's Global Privacy
and Data Protection (including GDPR) risk management and compliance
- Leads the audit / evaluation of the Company's Privacy and Data
Protection processes and procedures ensuring they are designed
appropriately based on policy and operate effectively.
- Monitors changes in Privacy and Data Protection laws and
regulations globally to ensure Company adaptation and compliance,
including all required country registrations.
- Provides leadership and strategic guidance to Teams in the
design and evaluation of Privacy and Data Protection related tools
and projects (e.g., privacy-by-design).
- Prepare and/or review flowcharts, systems overviews, risk
assessment evaluations, audit programs, and workpaper documentation
to support audit reports in accordance with generally accepted
- Communicates or assists in communicating the results of audit
and consulting projects via written reports and oral presentations
to management and the board of directors.
- Develops and maintains productive client and staff
relationships through individual contacts and group
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Analyst - Security & Privacy
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required
- Considerable knowledge of and skill in applying internal
auditing and accounting principles and practices, and management
principles and preferred business practices.
- Knowledge of The IIA's International Standards (Standards) and
Code of Ethics.
- Knowledge of management information systems terminology,
concepts, and practices.
- Knowledge of industry program policies, procedures,
regulations, and laws.
- Skill in conducting quality control reviews of audit work
- Skill in collecting and analyzing complex data, evaluating
information and systems, and drawing logical conclusions.
- Considerable skill in planning and project management, and in
maintaining composure under pressure while meeting multiple
- Considerable skill in negotiating issues and resolving
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and other business and
auditing software (TeamMate) used to prepare reports, memos,
summaries, and analyses.
- Considerable skill in effective verbal and written
communications, including active listening skills and skills in
presenting S&P related concepts to a broad range of technical
and non-technical staff.
- Ability to establish and maintain harmonious working
relationships with co-workers, staff and external contacts, and to
work effectively in a professional team environment.
- Strong working knowledge of S&P policies & procedures and
S&P education programs.
- Considerable skill in assessing the effectiveness of internal
controls over key IT and Privacy risks, identifying significant
exposures, analyzing transactions and other management information,
and detecting changes in key risks and/or control effectiveness.
Skill in developing appropriate recommendations to address
- Ability to learn new operations quickly and work
Required Experience, Qualifications & Education
Minimum of 3 years public accounting in IT Audit or minimum of 5
years of industry IT auditing and data privacy compliance.
Sound understanding of international data privacy laws (ex. GDPR)
Professional certification(s) required (ex. CPA, CISA, CIPP, CIA,
Bachelor's Degree in accounting, IT, or related field.
Preferred Experience, Qualifications & Education
Financial audit knowledge preferred.
CISA or equivalent preferred
Why Work for Us?
At The Association, you are part of a global, diverse and talented
group of colleagues. You have opportunities to innovate and
collaborate in a leading organization that impacts individuals and
businesses. You'll have opportunities to progress while enjoying an
exciting work environment that supports and celebrates individual
achievement, development and professional satisfaction.
Together, we will lead the most influential body of professional
accountants and create the future of the global accounting
Keywords: The Association of International Certified Profess, Durham , Manager - IT Audit, Security & Privacy, IT / Software / Systems , Durham, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!