Lead Business Solutions Developer
Company: Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina
Posted on: April 17, 2019
Blue Cross NC is seeking a highly motivated Lead Business Solutions
Developer to join our Digital Process Automation team.
In this role you will lead, create, and provide
mentoring/management for technical solutions to address large
and/or complex business capability needs by utilizing multiple
technical applications; including but not limited to: Unified
Functional Testing (UFT), Selenium, Pega Robotics (Open Span),
UiPath, Java, C#, VB Script, Access VBA, SQL etc. You will act as
the technical lead and consultant for development initiatives,
including communication and coordination with the impacted business
areas, Security and IT. Work with appropriate business management
team in evaluating the business case and cost justification.
* Develop and maintain Unified Functional Testing
(UFT)/Selenium/Robotic Process Automation (RPA)/Java/C#/VB Script
or any other automation tool or programming language test
automation framework, functions and scripts using BCBS NC and
custom automation framework.
* Provide consultative and expert support in discovery and fact
finding for the full understanding and execution of
* Provide consultative support in analyzing business requirements /
use cases / functional requirements to ensure the development of
efficient tools and solutions.
* Ensure code written for business-enabling tools demonstrates
usability and error handling. As needed, review testing plans and
testing outcomes to ensure usability of product and provide
feedback as necessary.
* Design, develop and/or provide technical assistance for complex
queries, analysis, and report needs. Determine solution approach
for complex design needs (i.e., interactive application vs. data
* Train staff on recommend tools and programming techniques for
technical solutions development. Adhere to development standards,
service level agreements, and processes (status reporting, problem
escalation, decision memos, peer reviews, technical specifications,
data decomposition diagrams, data flow diagrams, change requests,
user documentation, etc.) as well as lead the development of these
standards, SLAs, and processes.
* Present data to senior level management in an appropriate and
* Act as the technical lead and consultant for development
initiatives, including communication and coordination with the
impacted business areas. Works with appropriate business management
in evaluating the business case and cost justification. Manage
multiple complex initiatives concurrently.
* Represents department and acts as a Business Consultant on large
and complex projects to facilitate project intake process, document
and track project plan for work deliverable, effectively interview
business partners with a focus on fact finding and discovery to
ascertain requirements, document as is and to be processes and
develop metrics and success criteria.
* Provide feedback and direction on materials, support
documentation, and training as developed.
* Lead data assessment and root cause analysis activities for
complex data issues.
* Fill in for management at departmental and divisional meetings
* Provide direction, assistance, consultative support, and training
to junior level staff members or business partners across business
areas. Provide mentoring to junior level staff members.
* Lead cross-departmental workgroups to address business problems
and determine a technical solution; demonstrate facilitation skills
that include workgroup leadership and problem resolution.
* Consult and guide in identifying areas for the automation of
manual processes or for the improvement of existing systems;
implement identified solutions.
* Assist management with employee development initiatives,
including coaching, performance feedback and training.
* Bachelor s degree in business, computer science, or engineering
and 7 years of experience with multiple development languages/tools
like UFT, Selenium, RPA, Java, VBScript, Access VBA etc.
* Proven consultative skills to include the ability to extract
information in a concise and accurate manner.
* Excellent research, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
* If no degree, 9 years as a technician utilizing multiple
development tools/languages will be considered.
* Prior project management and/or leadership experience
* Experience in Pega Robotics (Open Span) Automation, UiPath or any
other RPA tools
* Commitment to excellent customer service and customer focus
* Accuracy and attention to detail
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to
interview business partners with a focus on fact finding and
discovery; can elicit business requirements if appropriate
* Ability to multi-task and properly set priorities based on
business need and sense of urgency
* Proven ability to work independently, as well as to work
effectively as part of a team
* Able to handle multiple assignments with one or more being
complex; designs more complex applications
* Provides project status updates per agreed upon schedule;
provides status for work groups; compile status updates for team
for executive overviews.
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina does not discriminate
on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age or
disability in its health programs and activities.
Keywords: Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina, Durham , Lead Business Solutions Developer, IT / Software / Systems , Durham, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!