Senior Business Solutions Developer - Automation
Company: Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina
Posted on: April 17, 2019
Blue Cross NC is seeking a highly motivated Sr. Business Solutions
Developer to join our Digital Process Automation team.
In this role you will be creating technical solutions to address
large and moderately complex business capability needs by utilizing
multiple technical applications; including but not limited to:
Unified Functional Testing (UFT), Selenium, Pega Robotics (Open
Span), VB Script, Access VBA, SQL etc. You will act as the
technical lead and consultant for development initiatives,
including communication and coordination with the impacted business
areas, Security and IT. Work with appropriate business management
team in evaluating the business case and cost justification.
* Develop and maintain UFT/Selenium/RPA/Java/VB Script or any other
automation tool or programming language test automation functions
and scripts using BCBS NC and custom automation framework.
* Review and analyze business requirements to create a technical
solution residing both inside and outside of the Information
Services production environment. Research and recommend tools and
programming techniques for technical solutions development.
* Identify and implement automation tools to eliminate manual
processes and improve existing systems. Utilize technical solutions
for the creation of business enabling tools, error handling
management and productivity improvements while adhering to
technical specifications, industry developmental standards and
service level agreements (SLA s).
* Develop implementation plans with Business area and ensure that
post-implementation support processes and documentation exist for
end user. Create training materials and support documentation for
end users (such as training or user s guides, and process flows);
conduct training sessions.
* Adhere to departmental development standards, service level
agreements, and processes (status reporting, problem escalation,
decision memos, peer reviews, technical specifications, data
decomposition diagrams, data flow diagrams, change requests, user
documentation, etc.) as well as participate in the development of
these standards, SLAs, and processes.
* Represents department and acts as a Business Consultant on large
and complex projects to facilitate project intake process, document
and track project plan for work deliverables, effectively interview
business partners with a focus on fact finding and discovery to
ascertain requirements, document as is and to be processes and
develop metrics and success criteria.
* Lead cross-departmental workgroups to address business problems
and determine appropriate technical solutions; facilitation skills
to include workgroup leadership and problem resolution with a
focused responsibility for managing group and team dynamics to
ensure progress and professionalism throughout the duration
* Model consultative support approach to team members and business
partners across all areas. Provide proactive engagement, excellent
communication, assessment of potential risks and identification of
* Bachelor s degree and 5 years of experience with multiple
development languages/tools like UFT, Selenium, RPA, Java,
VBScript, Access VBA etc.
* If no degree, 7 years as a technician utilizing above said
development tools/languages will be considered.
* Prior project management experience
* Experience in Pega Robotics (Open Span) Automation or any other
* Commitment to excellent customer service and customer focus;
Accuracy and attention to detail
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills; Ability to
multi-task and properly set priorities based on business need and
sense of urgency
* Able to handle multiple assignments with one or more being
* Provides project status updates per agreed upon schedule;
provides status for work groups
* Process and logic oriented
* Proven ability to work independently, as well as to work
effectively as part of a team
* Excellent time management skills and project
* Very good research, analytical, and problem-solving skills
* Ability to lead a diverse workgroup to address a business problem
and determine a technical solution
* Demonstrated facilitation skills that include workgroup
leadership, problem resolution across multiple groups, etc..
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina does not discriminate
on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age or
disability in its health programs and activities.
Keywords: Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina, Durham , Senior Business Solutions Developer - Automation, IT / Software / Systems , Durham, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!