Senior Java Engineer
Company: Fidelity Investments
Posted on: March 16, 2019
Do you have a passion for technology? Can you navigate your way across complex and rapidly-changing landscapes by staying on top of latest trends and thrive by sharing knowledge? If youre a creator, a doer, and a disruptor looking to tackle real-life problems as a Senior Java Engineer in an innovative group dedicated to build our underlying security platform in Durham, NC, this is the role for you.The TeamPersonal Investings (PI) dedicated Security team is looking for engineers eager to work on creating reusable security components and capabilities that automate the securing of our applications. In PI Security, we are looking to simplify the security process with automation and create a robust platform for the enterprise. PI Security will give you the opportunity to advance your skills and grow your career working with highly skilled and motivated individuals in an agile environment which cultivates learning.We believe that diversity in background and experience will further an inclusive and engaging work environment for our employees. This ultimately enables us to deliver a better product for our customers. Being technically competent is only telling half the story. We believe that delivering the best possible customer experience requires an artful blend of human ingenuity and technology. While we value smart technologists, we are fanatics about our culture that promotes autonomy and leadership at all levels. People who are outstanding cultural fits demonstrate curiosity to learn, are unafraid to break things, step up and take the lead, take ownership of their projects, and thrive by sharing knowledge.The Expertise You Have
- 5+ years of hands on software development experience in Java Web services and API solutions.
- Hands-on experience with Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), building RESTful services, XML/JSON, and modern Application Servers.
- Proven hands on experience developing highly scalable distributed systems using Open source technologies.
- Working knowledge of web application development using JSP, HTML, CSS/SASS, JQuery, Angular and NodeJS.
- Experience in Agile methodologies (Kanban, SCRUM) The Skills You Bring
- Your software development experience in Java Web services and API solutions.
- Your background with Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), building RESTful services, XML/JSON, and modern Application Servers.
- Your deep understanding of API design, including versioning, isolation and micro-services.
- Your background with DevOps, Continuous Integration and Delivery tools like Jenkins, Ansible, Maven, uDeploy, Stash and Docker
- Your knowledge and understanding of AWS is a plus
- Your experience with the tools of the trade including a variety of modern programming languages and frameworks
- Your care about the software life cycle and use CI/CD practices, tools to rapidly deploy changes to customers while minimizing risk using practices like A/B tests, blue-green deployments, and feature canary deployments.
- Your mindset of test first development and experience in modern test frameworks. We believe in testing and that quality is everyones job.
- Your strong communication skills and technical expertise to drive and participate in important discussions. The Value You Deliver As a member of PI Security you will be part of a passionate team servicing a diverse set of customer security needs. You will be a member of an organization that seeks to provide world-class security capabilities and the most trusted experience to our customers anytime, anyplace, on any device. Company OverviewAt Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. We are proud of our diverse and inclusive workplace where we respect and value our associate for their unique perspectives and experiences. For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityCareers.com.Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.
Keywords: Fidelity Investments, Durham , Senior Java Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Durham, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!