Posted on: February 14, 2019
Are you data-driven? We at NetApp believe in the transformative power of data - to expand customer touchpoints, to foster greater innovation, and to optimize operations. We are designed for simplicity, optimized to protect, created to embrace future opportunity, and open to enrich choice. We are the data authority for hybrid cloud, and we are helping our customers realize the full potential of their data.
We've built a Data Fabric for a data-driven world - to simplify and integrate data management across the resources that are best for the business. With the Data Fabric, our customers can harness the power of cloud data services, build cloud infrastructures, and modernize storage through data management.
By modernizing storage through data management, customers can upgrade infrastructure to bring modern data services to existing applications. Only NetApp can help organizations free the resources necessary to fund transformation by deploying the industry's leading flash storage solution, which is highly efficient and scalable in both data center and cloud environments.
Data has become the lifeblood of organizations, seamlessly flowing through them in order to enable new customer touchpoints through technology, create innovative business opportunities and optimize operations. Organizations count on NetApp to manage and protect their data.
Our customers rely on NetApp cutting edge innovations in software defined infrastructure, cloud, hybrid cloud as well as traditional data center technologies and the Data Fabric to connect them all and enable seamless management capabilities. And we never let them down---
Continually breaking new ground is the norm here. We make sure of it with an open, collaborative culture that fuels fresh thinking. Right from day one, we'll encourage you to share your views, challenge opinions and push boundaries. And thanks to mentoring and leadership programs that help you build on your personal and professional passions, you'll develop your skills as fast as your ideas. Become a key part of our vision---
As a Software Engineer at NetApp, you will work as part of a team responsible for the development, testing and sustaining of a key component of the NetApp data management portfolio. You'll be part of the Research and Development function, focusing on enhancements to existing products as well as new product development. This position requires you to be creative, enthusiastic, team-oriented, technology savvy, driven to produce results and demonstrate leadership.
* Be part of an Agile development team doing product design, documentation, development, validation and sustaining of software
* Lead and participate in technical discussions within the team and with peer teams when evaluating and executing design and development plans for products
* A willingness to take on tasks and responsibilities that will contribute to team, department, and company business goals
* Provide guidance and mentoring to more junior engineers
* Work collaboratively within a team environment of other engineers to meet aggressive goals and high quality standards
* Possesses sufficient technical knowledge and experience to pick up new expertise quickly with guidance from a technical leader
* Strong aptitude for learning new technologies
* A strong understanding of complex concepts related to computer architecture, data structures and programming practices
* Ability to estimate work completion required to build an overall predictable plan
* Resourcefulness and creativity in applying ideas to solve problems
* Strong oral and written communication skills are essential
* Strong C++ application development experience
* Experience with Linux/FreeBSD development
* kernel programming experience is a plus
* Familiar with TCP/IP protocols and networking applications development.
* Understanding of multi-threaded & multi process environments
* Experience in virtual and cloud environments is a strong plus (AWS, Azure, KVM, etc---)
* Knowledge of networking (routing, switching, VLAN, LACP, STP, Multicast, QoS, firewalls) is a plus
* A minimum of 5 years of experience is required, 7 to 8 years of experience is preferred
* A Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science, a Masters Degree, or a PhD; or equivalent experience is required
* Demonstrated ability to have completed multiple, complex technical projects
So get ready to tap into the data visionary within, and join us as we accelerate digital transformation and empower our customers to change the world with data!
If you ask a NetApp employee why they work here, the answer is inevitably the same: the people. At NetApp, our culture is at the heart of what we do. We place importance in trust, integrity, teamwork, and caring above all else. NetApp is a place where people are empowered to make a difference. Empowered to innovate. Empowered to collaborate. Empowered to help ourselves and others be data-driven and change the world. We take care of each other, our customers, our partners, and our communities simply because it's the right thing to do.
We work hard but also recognize the importance of work-life balance for our employees because what's important to them is important to us! Recently we implemented Family First, which encourages employees to take paid time off to bond with a new child (through birth or adoption) or to care for a family member with a serious health condition. Our volunteer time off program is best in class, offering employees 40 hours of paid time off per year to donate their time with their favorite organizations. We provide comprehensive medical, dental, wellness and vision plans for you and your family. We offer educational assistance, legal services, and access to discounts and fitness centers. We also offer financial savings programs to help you plan for your future.
Join us and see what empowerment can do.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Vets/Disabled
Keywords: NetApp, Durham , Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Durham, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!