Sr. Java /J2EE Developer (19-00048)
Company: The Resource Collaborative
Posted on: February 14, 2019
NO AGENCIES - CONSULTANTS MUST WORK ON OUR PAYROLL - W2.Our client is a large diversified global financial services firm. This opportunity is located in Durham, NC.This will begin as a 6-month contract and will be extended long-term.
Job Description:The position will encompass a range of tasks within a development team and will be responsible for design, development and testing of highly scalable multi-threaded Java based components that work independently and/or that leverage messaging frameworks, database objects to provide middleware services.Responsibilities:
- Good communication skills, problem solving skills and a highly professional attitude are essential.
- Characteristics including strong work ethic, leadership, attention to detail, assertiveness and initiative are expected.
- Design, build, maintain and support critical trading applications deployed in cloud and non-cloud environmentsRequired Experience/Skills:Must Have Skills:
- 6+ Years of hands on Programming experience with J2EE/Java. Must have worked in Java 8.
- Must have strong middle-tier development experience working with Spring Boot, Spring MVC, MultiThreading, and Messaging.
- Must have strong WebService experience with REST. Ideally candidate will have experience developing MicroServices.
- Experience with CI/CD (Jenkins) ideally deploying to Docker and working within AWS.
- A proactive problem solver with the ability to work with minimum supervision when given a goal.
- Strong understanding of Distributed Technology with a minimum of 6 years core java development experience .
- Strong experience with TIBCO or MQ (RabbitMQ and or IBM MQ) or other Messaging frameworks.
- Strong working knowledge with relational databases , preferably Oracle.
- Experience in Redis or similar technologies.
- Experience in developing RESTful Web services using JSON and XML formats, unit testing techniques.
- Experience in microservices architecture (netflix, spring boot, etc).
- Knowledge in J2EE, XML, DHTML, JMS, Web Services, Spring Integration, Spring Boot, Spring Cloud.
- Experience in Software Development Life Cycle methodologies (Agile, Waterfall, etc).
- Experience in developing applications for deployment in a cloud environment (AWS, etc).
- Experience with Apache Kafka.Desired Experience/Skills:
- Experience with in-memory databases (like KDB) a plus
- FIX Messaging Protocol a plus
- Experience in high-volume message processing (millions of messages per day) a plus
- Experience or familiarity with Fixed Income trading, Trading Systems is a plus - provided by Dice JAVA , J2EE, MULTI-THREADING, MESSAGING, WEB SERVICES
Keywords: The Resource Collaborative, Durham , Sr. Java /J2EE Developer (19-00048), IT / Software / Systems , Durham, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!