Senior Software Engineer
Company: EBSCO Information Services
Posted on: January 15, 2019
SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER
Date: Dec 26, 2018
Location: Durham, NC, US, 27713
Company: EBSCO Industries Inc
EBSCO Information Services (EIS) provides a complete and optimized research solution comprised of e-journals, e-books, and research databases all combined with the most powerful discovery service to support the information needs and maximize the research experience of our end-users. Headquartered in Ipswich, MA, EIS employs more than 3,300 people worldwide. We are the leader in our field due to our cutting-edge technology, forward-thinking philosophy, and top-notch workforce. EIS, a division of EBSCO Industries Inc., based in Birmingham, AL, is ranked in the top 200 of the nation s largest, privately held corporations according to Forbes magazine. EBSCO is a company that will motivate you, inspire you, and allow you to grow. We are looking for the best. If you are too, we encourage you to explore our unique opportunities.
If you are looking for an opportunity to work with cutting-edge technologies, EBSCO Information Services may have the right opportunity for you!
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
* Work with a team on design, implementation, testing and delivery of high-volume customer-facing applications that support EBSCO s products and services.
* Collaborate with product management and your team while analyzing and decomposing complex software features into simpler stories for planning and execution.
* Collaborate with your team to manage and estimate the size and complexity of the features/stories. Perform the technical design, implementation, and testing of feature/stories and commit to what can be accomplished in an iteration.
* Own system and feature quality throughout the development, testing and deployment phases to ensure quality delivery expectations are met.
* Suggest improvements to continuously improve the quality of the team s deliverables.
* Conduct new technology research, proof of concept, and design work that will provide direction for the enhancement of the overall system and products.
* Adhere to software engineering best practices for design, coding standards, performance, security, delivery, maintainability and culture.
* Demonstrate ownership of developed components from development through production.
* 4+ years of professional web development experience.
* Bachelor s degree in Computer Science, MIS, or similar
* 4+ years of professional web development experience using Java for enterprise applications.
* 2+ years of experience with Node.js.
* Hands on experience developing, delivering, and supporting publicly-facing web applications.
* Experience with user interface and graphic design.
* Understanding of private and public cloud design considerations and limitations in the areas of virtualization and global infrastructure, distributed systems, load balancing, networking, and security.
* Hands on experience with cloud services (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform).
* Hands on experience with Netflix OSS.
* Advocate of unit testing, automation and test-driven development.
* Understanding of Agile software engineering principles and methodologies
* 2+ years of experience with RESTful Web Services and SOA concepts.
* 2+ years of experience in software design and development with hands on experience in HTML, XML/JSON, HTTP, SSL.
* 2+ years of demonstrated success delivering projects using HTML/CSS
* 2+ years of experience in client product development.
EBSCO Industries, Inc.is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. EBSCO strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
EBSCO complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act, and all applicable state or local law.
Nearest Major Market: Durham
Nearest Secondary Market: Raleigh
Job Segment: Developer, Engineer, Software Engineer, ERP, Computer Science, Technology, Engineering Apply now .
Keywords: EBSCO Information Services, Durham , Senior Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Durham, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!