Software Engineer - Engineering Efficiency & Assurance
Posted on: January 13, 2019
Are you interested in serving the needs of millions of customers by building the best-in-class platforms and capabilities that will enable omni channel customer experiences in financial planning, investing, and retirement solutions? Veritude is looking for a Software Engineer at Fidelity Investments in Durham, NC.???You will be part of a chapter comprised of teams that work on a wide range of capabilities and platforms to enable experiences on Fidelity.com, Fidelity Mobile Apps etc. Ideal candidates are product-aware engineers who are passionate, inquisitive, and responsible individuals to help us on our mission to build highly scalable platforms.The Purpose of Your Role:This team builds and contributes to Fidelity?s platform. As a platform engineer, you will help us build rest APIs with micro services architectures. You?ll work on building end to end capabilities as part of our autonomous, cross functional teams. You?ll have the opportunity to contribute to own entire features from concept to deployment working on cross-functional teams. You'll have the opportunity to contribute ideas to improve our products as well as develop your skills, learn new technologies and languages, and continue to learn. We're looking for highly motivated individuals who work well in a collaborative, iterative, and fast-paced environment. The Expertise We?re Looking For:
- You have a passion for technology and can navigate your way across complex and rapidly-changing landscapes by staying on top of latest trends and thrive by sharing knowledge.
- Are a creator, a doer, and a disruptor who will help us solve real-life problems and meet real customer needs. You?ll be helping us build things, taking an idea, and creating rapid prototypes that are shippable and learn from real-life feedback.
- Are comfortable to be a self-starter, who actively challenges status-quo, is curious and not afraid to ask 'Why' and 'What if'?
- Are experienced with the tools of the trade including a variety of modern programming languages and frameworks
- Care about cycle time and use CI/CD practices, tools to rapidly deploy changes to customers while minimizing risk using practices like A/B tests, blue-green deployments, and feature toggles
- Stay on top of Algorithms, Data Structures and Design Patterns and love the challenge of building highly scalable systems that can support thousands of transactions/sec.
- Have a mindset of test first development and are experienced in modern test frameworks. We believe in testing and that quality is everyone?s job.
- Are data-driven and can measure, collect and use data to make decisions. We understand the value of intuition and the need to balance decisions accordingly.
- Have strong communication skills and technical expertise to drive and participate in meaningful discussions. The Skills You Bring:
- Strong knowledge in API Design, Development & Testing, MicroServices Architecture.
- Very strong in Java language
- Automation Tools/Frameworks (Selenium, Jasmine, Chakram, Protractor)
- Experience in mainframe technologies (COBOL, CICS, JCL, DB2) is a plus
- Good knowledge of HTTP based APIs, Networking and how the internet works.
- DevOps, Automated Testing and Continuous Delivery, Git skills
- Java and AWS Cloud certification will be a plusHow Your Work Impacts the Organization:We believe that diversity in background and experience will foster an inclusive and engaging work environment for our employees. This ultimately enables us to deliver a better product for our customers. Being technically competent is only telling half the story. We believe that delivering the best possible customer experience requires an artful blend of human ingenuity and technology. While we value smart technologists, we are fanatics about our culture that promotes autonomy and leadership at all levels. People who are great cultural fits demonstrate curiosity to learn, are unafraid to break things, step up and take the lead, take ownership of their projects, and thrive by sharing knowledge.
Keywords: Veritude, Durham , Software Engineer - Engineering Efficiency & Assurance, IT / Software / Systems , Durham, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!