Software Engineer III
Company: Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions
Posted on: September 12, 2018
Job Title:Software Engineer III (DEV-041218-007i) Introduction:The software developer is part of a team responsible for developing the next-generation software solutions for the Retail Marketplace. This role requires to work within an agile development team with minimal guidance. Responsibilities include working to develop the strategic next generation omni-channel transaction solution for TGCS. The job requires an understanding of customer requirements and translating them into technical designs that meet the customer expectations. The position is in RTP, NC.Responsibilities:
- As part of the DevOps team, you will be responsible for design and build tools and frameworks that support deploying and managing software components onto retailer's point-of sale and transaction system
- Using Ansible playbooks and Tower to design and build a configuration, optimization process of the infrastructure components of retailer's software products which are hosted in retailer's data center or remote environment.
- Evaluate new tools, technologies, and processes to improve speed, efficiency, and scalability of continuous integration environments; also improving monitor and track the metrics that impact our infrastructure and application code and find creative ways to improve our monitoring systems.Required Skills:
- Bachelor's in computer science or computer engineering or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience in Java programming Java, Spring Framework, MVC and Single Page App (SPA) application architecture.
- Strong experience in CI/CD with Jenkins, Maven, Docker
- Strong experience in web service development with RESTful, SOAP technology, OpenAPI/Swagger
- Strong experience configuration management tool such as Ansible tower or Chef or Puppet
- Experience in Agile and/or Waterfall software development
- Operating Systems: Windows, Linux
- Container technology: Docker
- English: FluentPreferred Skills:
- Retail application or Point of Sale (POS) knowledge and experience
- Web application development with Python programming language, frameworks such as Flask, Django, etc. a plus.
- API Management and API Gateway
- Identity and Access Management, OpenID connect, OAuth
- Database technologies: NoSQL such as Cassandra, Redis
- Familiar with the Japanese culture and language About the Company:Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is a dynamic billion dollar global company based in Research Triangle Park, NC, providing retail store solutions to your favorite brands. Have you ever been in a hurry and made use of the self-checkout at Lowe's Foods, earned fuel rewards at Kroger, or just paid for purchases at retailers such as Walmart, Michaels, Carrefour, The Gap, Calvin Klein, Boots, Cencosud, BJ's, or Costco? These are just a few examples of our in-store solutions and impressive customer base that made us the world's installed market share leader. The nature of retail is changing quickly, so if you share our'Together Commerce' vision of a seamless two-way, participatory shopping experience, let's get together to drive the new economy. EEO:Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is an equal employment employer and is committed to providing employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals.
Keywords: Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions, Durham , Software Engineer III, IT / Software / Systems , Durham, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!