Company: EBSCO Information Services
Posted on: September 11, 2018
EBSCO Information Services (EIS) provides a complete and optimized research solution comprised of e-journals, e-books, and research databases - all combined with the most powerful discovery service to support the information needs and maximize the research experience of our end-users. Headquartered in Ipswich, MA, EIS employs more than 3,300 people worldwide. We are the leader in our field due to our cutting-edge technology, forward-thinking philosophy, and top-notch workforce. EIS, a division of EBSCO Industries Inc., based in Birmingham, AL, is ranked in the top 200 of the nation's largest, privately held corporations according to Forbes magazine. EBSCO is a company that will motivate you, inspire you, and allow you to grow. We are looking for the best. If you are too, we encourage you to explore our unique opportunities. Software Engineer The mission of the Software Engineer is to play an integral role on an Agile team responsible for the architecture, design, development, testing, delivery, and operation of premium online Discovery and Research products. You will create information products and services that inform the world, advancing research in traditional and emerging fields and transforming learning and education. Primary Responsibilities:
- Provide expertise on system architecture, design, implementation, testing, delivery, and operation of premium online Discovery and Research products.
- Work directly with product management and your team while analyzing and decomposing complex software requirement into simple stories for planning and execution.
- Collaborate with your team to manage and estimate the size and complexity of the features. Perform the technical design, implementation, and testing of features and commit to stories can be accomplished in an iteration.
- Be the technical leader for product features, responsible for ensuring that development activities are coordinated throughout the development cycle.
- Own system and feature quality throughout the development, testing and deployment phases to ensure quality delivery expectations are met.
- Drive value and build to continuously improve the quality of the team's deliverables.
- Conduct new technology research, proof of concept, and design work that will provide direction for the enhancement of the overall system and products.
- Contribute to software engineering best practices for design, coding standards, performance, security, delivery, and maintainability.
- Live the principles behind the Agile Manifesto and SAFe framework in all interactions. Role-Based Competencies:
- Analytical skills: Able to structure and process qualitative or quantitative data and draw insightful conclusions from it. Exhibits probing mind and achieves penetrating insights.
- Requirements Analysis: Gathers, organizes and evaluates any information or data needed as input from stakeholders and development team to determine requirements and specifications.
- Technical prowess: Able to quickly get to know our products to a sufficient level and drive updates as needed with Technology teams. Adopts or works with necessary tools for operations.
- Attention to detail: Does not let important details slip through the cracks or derail a project.
- Flexibility/Adaptability: Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Copes effectively with complexity and change.
- Communication and Presentation: Able to effectively communicate and present technical concepts to technical and non-technical professionals. Requirements:
- 3+ years of professional development experience using C# or Java.
- 3+ years of professional web development experience using .NET or Java Application Servers.
- 3+ years of experience in large systems software design and development with hands on experience in RESTful Web Services, HTML, XML/JSON, HTTP, SSL.
- 3+ years of experience with Web Services lifecycle (design, build, test, deploy), API versioning and design approaches, tools, inter-operability, and SOA concepts.
- 1 year Responsive Web Design experience. Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related field.
- Hands on experience with Cloud services (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform).
- Hands on experience with Netflix OSS.
- Hands on experience with Microservices.
- Hands on experience developing, delivering, and supporting publicly facing web applications.
- Familiarity with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) best practices.
- Experience with user interface and graphic design.
- Demonstrated success delivering projects using HTML/CSS.
- Experience in client product development.
- Demonstrated ability to lead or drive a project with sound technical and design skills. EBSCO Industries, Inc.is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. EBSCO strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment. EBSCO complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act, and all applicable state or local law. Nearest Major Market: Durham Nearest Secondary Market: Raleigh Job Segment: Developer, Engineer, Software Engineer, Computer Science, Test Engineer, Technology, Engineering
Keywords: EBSCO Information Services, Durham , Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Durham, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!