Posted on: May 23, 2018
Program Manager Role Contract Job in Raleigh NC
Our client a leader in networking hardware and software solutions has an immediate contract opening for a Program Manager. The program manager is the critical focal point for the Cloud Infrastructure Services, DC Operations team driving delivery of key projects in alignment with our goals of operational excellence. Cloud Services Program Managers support the execution of a wide variety of projects including infrastructure deployment, operational improvements, business automation and application deployment.
• Interact frequently with team, management and other organizations to define project requirements, establish plans, lead execution and report progress.
• Develop and manage readiness plans for new services being released into the Cloud. Partner with engineering teams to ensure operational readiness and seamless release.
• Execute and manage projects for production environments including retrofits, capacity ads, and life cycle management including DC hardware and service applications that integrate to deliver Cloud Services.
• Monitor project and team performance, checking actual against planned performance to ensure technical, schedule, and budget goals are met or exceeded.
• Collect inputs and prepare weekly and monthly status reports as required. Explain any deviations from planned budgets and schedules. In addition, prepare and support management reviews.
• Provide technical and leadership guidance and direction to personnel to ensure proper, timely completion of work. In addition, provide personnel with timely, constructive, and actionable feedback that increases individual and team effectiveness.
• Anticipate problems or situations that could affect the team. Assess the potential impact on own and others’ work, and develop and execute the best solution. Manage escalated situations as needed.
• Demonstrate leadership through exceptional people handling skills, including conflict resolution, team motivation and people development.
• Provide a creative approach to problem-solving and program management in general, as well as identify and contribute to development of new processes to streamline operations.
• Demonstrate patience in stressful situations, learning to recognize & manage other’s emotional reactions and striving to remain optimistic through adversity.
• Work with global team members in Cloud Infrastructure Services on project delivery and with operational issues.
• Support other project management and process improvement support functions, as tasked.
Skills and Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree required
• 7+ years of relevant industry experience
• Proven track record of driving major IT projects, managing multiple priorities simultaneously, setting timelines, holding people accountable and delivering projects on-time and on-budget.
• Several years of increasing project management responsibility with experience in resource management, status reporting, issue management, change control, etc.
• Project management experience in both business process and technology implementations. Experience managing large scale multi-technology implementations preferred.
• Strong leadership & relationship management skills to drive resolution to issues internally and externally
• Must have experience working with tight deadlines and handling escalations
To be considered, you must apply online now and submit your resume. We are actively monitoring all applications. Apply below! And, thanks for partnering with Modis!
Keywords: , Durham, Program Manager, IT / Software / Systems, Durham, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!