Oracle Database Administrator
Posted on: November 19, 2023
At Labcorp, you will have the opportunity to personally advance
healthcare and make a difference in peoples lives with your bold
ideas and unique point of view. With the support of exceptional
people from across the globe and an energized purpose, you ll be
empowered to own your career journey with mentoring, training and
personalized development planning. We are seeking to hire a Oracle
DBA to join an enterprise database team. Some of the technologies
you will work with include Oracle 19c, Exadata, multi-tenant
database, Oracle Encryption, RAC and more. Labcorp is a data-driven
company where you can make a difference. Principal Functions:
- Management of large databases on Oracle including installation,
design, configuration, backup & recovery, performance analysis,
tuning, capacity planning/forecast and security.
- Collaborate with DBAs, Developers, and Architects in
troubleshooting database and application errors.
- Actively monitor the database environment to ensure optimal
performance and to prevent production issues.
- Administration of ASM and Grid Infrastructure for RAC, Oracle
- Setup, configuration, troubleshooting Data-Guard
Physical/logical and Active Data Guard.
- Backup and recovery and migration using RMAN, datapump and
- Proactively monitor and optimize system performance using
tuning, optimization, AWR, ASH, and other methods.
- On-Call Support on a rotational basis including Off-Hours and
- Collaborate with Data Architects on data modeling using tools
such as E/R Studio.
- Review Oracle SQL query, DDL, DML including stored procedure,
packages before deployment.
- Provide support for database/application deployments.
- Document new processes to improve efficiency of Database
- Provide training in areas of specialization to other team
- Must be a team player with excellent collaboration and people
skills to be able to engage in productive group discussions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication along with the
ability to articulate technical solutions for various levels of
management and technical staff.
- Ability to interface with users at all levels of the
organization and good end-user support skills.Required Skills and
Experience: Oracle DBA with 5+ years experience in a mission
critical production database environment, including:
- Oracle 11g, 12c and 19c, 21c
- Oracle Exadata (1+ years)
- Real Application Cluster (RAC), Grid Infrastructure, Oracle
Clusterware. (2+ years)
- Oracle Multi-tenant architecture e.g. container and pluggable
database. (2+ years)
- Strong Unix scripting and automation skills (2 years)
- Oracle 19c Grid (OEM), OMS Administration
- Recovery Manager (RMAN) database backup, recovery and
- Dataguard Active/Passive, Physical/Logical.
- Performance tuning, troubleshooting including SQL Tuning
- Installs, upgrades, patching including Bundle Patches
- Data ModelingPreferred Skills and Experience
- Familiarity with Toad, DBArtisan and E/R Studio.
- Oracle Unified Directory/Centrally Managed Users with Active
- JSON, Graph DB
- Oracle Database Appliance (ODA) administration.
- Experience in Healthcare Industry.
- Oracle Certification OCP (19c), OCAPay Range: $125,471 -
$141,744Benefits: All job offers will be based on a candidate s
skills and prior relevant experience, applicable
degrees/certifications, as well as internal equity and market data.
Regular, full-time or part-time employees working 20 or more hours
per week are eligible for comprehensive benefits including:
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, STD/LTD, 401(K), ESPP, Paid time off
(PTO) or Flexible time off (FTO), Commissions, and Company bonus
where applicable. For more detailed information, please click here.
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:As an EOE/AA
employer, Labcorp strives for diversity and inclusion in the
workforce and does not tolerate harassment or discrimination of any
kind. We make employment decisions based on the needs of our
business and the qualifications of the individual and do not
discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin,
gender (including pregnancy or other medical conditions/needs),
family or parental status, marital, civil union or domestic
partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender
expression, personal appearance, age, veteran status, disability,
genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic.
We encourage all to apply.For more information about how we collect
and store your personal data, please see our Privacy Statement.
Associated topics: data administrator, data center, data integrity,
data management, data quality, database administrator, hbase, mongo
database administrator, sql, teradata
Keywords: Labcorp, Durham , Oracle Database Administrator, IT / Software / Systems , Durham, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!