Principal Graph Database Engineer- Python (Neo4J / Cypher)
Company: Fidelity Investments
Posted on: September 18, 2023
As a Graph Database Engineer, you will design and build graph
database load processes to efficiently populate the graph
analytical database using large-scale datasets to solve various
business use cases. You will partner closely with various business
& engineering teams to drive the adoption, integration with graph
technology. This role is a critical element to using the power of
data in delivering Fidelity s promise of creating the best customer
experiences in financial services!
The TeamPI Data Engineering team (part of Personal Investing
Technology BU) is focused on delivery data and ML solutions for the
organization. As part of this team, you will be responsible for
building scalable graph database analytics solutions.
The Expertise You Have
- Bachelor s or Master s Degree in a technology related field
(e.g. Engineering, Computer Science, etc.).
- Demonstrable experience in implementing Big data solutions in
data analytics space.
- Hands-on experience with graph databases (Neo4j, or any
- Experience Tuning Graph databases
- Understanding of graph data model paradigms (LPG, RDF)
\u00A0and graph languages (Gremlin & SparQL are optional), hands-on
experience with Cypher is required
- Solid understanding of graph data modeling, graph schema
development, graph data design.
- Desirable (Optional) skills:
- Data ingestion technologies (ETL/ELT), Messaging/Streaming
Technologies (AWS SQS, Kinesis/Kafka), Relational and NoSQL
databases (DynamoDB, EKS, Graph database), API and in-memory
- Understanding of developing highly scalable distributed systems
using Open-source technologies.
- Experience with CI/CD tools (e.g., Jenkins or equivalent),
version control (Git), orchestration/DAGs tools (AWS Step
Functions, Airflow, Luigi, Kubeflow, or equivalent).
- Experience in Agile methodologies (Kanban and SCRUM).The Skills
- You the ability to deal with ambiguity and work in fast paced
- Your experience supporting critical applications.
- Your Data wrangling experience with structured, semi-structure
- You have superb communication skills, both through written and
- You have excellent collaboration skills to work with multiple
teams in the organization.
- Your ability to understand and adapt to changing business
priorities and technology advancements in Big data and Data Science
ecosystem.The Value You Deliver
- Build Graph Database solutions leveraging large-scale datasets
to solve various business use cases.
- Design and build graph data models to support variety of use
cases including knowledge graphs
- Design and build graph database load processes to efficiently
populate the graph database
- Use AWS to host and manage the knowledge graphs is
- Build both batch and real-time\u00A0data ingestion
- Collaborate across Data Platform teams to use existing data
assets and drive the creation of additional data assets
- Guiding teams to improve development agility and
- Resolving technical roadblocks and mitigating potential
- Delivering system automation by setting up continuous
integration/continuous delivery pipelines.Certifications:Company
OverviewFidelity Investments is a privately held company with a
mission to strengthen the financial well-being of our clients. We
help people invest and plan for their future. We assist companies
and non-profit organizations in delivering benefits to their
employees. And we provide institutions and independent advisors
with investment and technology solutions to help invest their own
clients' money.Join UsAt Fidelity, you'll find endless
opportunities to build a meaningful career that positively impacts
peoples' lives, including yours. You can take advantage of flexible
benefits that support you through every stage of your career,
empowering you to thrive at work and at home. Honored with a , we
have been recognized by our employees as a Best Place to Work in
2022. And you don't need a finance background to succeed at
Fidelity-we offer a range of opportunities for learning so you can
build the career you've always imagined.Many of our associates are
continuing to work remotely temporarily due to COVID-19. When
Fidelity employees eventually return to the office, our goal is for
most people to work flexibly in a way that balances both personal
and business needs with time onsite and offsite through what we're
calling \u0022.\u0022We invite you to Find Your Fidelity at
.Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer. We believe
that the most effective way to attract, develop and retain a
diverse workforce is to build an enduring culture of inclusion and
belonging.Fidelity will reasonably accommodate applicants with
disabilities who need adjustments to participate in the application
or interview process. To initiate a request for an accommodation,
contact the HR Leave of Absence/Accommodation Team by sending an
email to -, or by calling 800-835-5099, prompt 2, option 3.
Keywords: Fidelity Investments, Durham , Principal Graph Database Engineer- Python (Neo4J / Cypher), IT / Software / Systems , Durham, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!