Lead Full Stack Software Engineer (React)
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Job Location: Cary, NC (Primary). Remote/virtual
Role Value Proposition:
Play a key role in the technical delivery of the organization's
Developer Platform team to support a highly configurable system
that can be adapted to individual market needs at a low cost. The
team is a diverse group of technologists, all working towards the
common goal of ensuring the customer is at the center of everything
As a Lead Full Stack Engineer on the team in Cary, NC, you will be
responsible for leading technical design and development of cross
functional, multi-platform application systems to solve complex
business problems. The role will be a highly visible hands-on
technology driver supporting our platform
product components by creating innovative solutions in support of
the unique products being envisioned for the business. You will
interact with technical staff, senior business, and IT partners
around the world, providing technical support to project teams
throughout project lifecycle around
technology platforms, solution design, security, debugging,
profiling, and performance tuning. You will engage with multiple
concurrent teams and provide governance to ensure that standards
and best practices are followed
- Lead the technical design/development/integration of solutions
using existing and emerging technology platforms.
- Responsible for both front and back-end development within the
Developer Platform suite of products which includes web, mobile and
other emerging channels.
- Working in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality
- Provide technical and work guidance to a team of SDE's,
Consultants and/or offshore resources.
- Manage user expectations and requirements scope. Participates
in fit/gap analysis of functional requirements.
- Work closely with project managers, architects, developers,
testing team, business users/BAs and applicable outside entities
(vendors and others).
- Lead the collection and documentation of user requirements as
well as the development of user stories and estimates into
technology solutions in collaboration with stakeholders.
- Offer technology thought leadership and mentor junior technical
staff members. Essential Business Experience and Technical
- 8+ years' experience in Software Development with strong
hands-on experience in performing the following:
- Build enterprise scale distributed applications with extensive
SDLC knowledge and Agile methodologies.
- Design and create web or mobile applications using a variety of
- Implement applications using NodeJS, ReactJS and/or other
- Drive best practices and engineering excellence.
- Work with various APIs and third-party libraries.
- Systems analyst skills and technical background to develop
- Proven Agile, Lean, DevOps knowledge and experience.
- Strong Project Management and Software Development Lifecycle
knowledge and experience.
- Accomplished change management leader, able to operate
effectively in a fast paced, ever 1 changing environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with focused
attention to details.Combined 5 years of experience in risk
management auditing and/or risk management (e.g., credit, market,
product and insurance, stress testing, model risk, risk monitoring
and reporting). Preferred:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems,
Engineering, or related field
- Experience of working with configuration-based applications
and/or metadata driven frameworks is a plus.
- Have experience with at least one other programming language
like Swift, .NET or Java.
- Have knowledge of good UX design principles and patterns.
- Have knowledge of HTML5, CSS/CSS3 and comparable
- Proficiency in prototyping tools such as Sketch, InVision,
- Experience in working within Financial Services, Insurance
and/or Banking institutions. Business Category
Number of Openings
At MetLife, we're leading the global transformation of an industry
we've long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective,
we're dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our
MetLife, through its subsidiaries and affiliates, is one of the
world's leading financial services companies, providing insurance,
annuities, employee benefits and asset management to help its
individual and institutional customers navigate their changing
world. Founded in 1868, MetLife has operations in more than 40
countries and holds leading market positions in the United States,
Japan, Latin America, Asia, Europe and the Middle East.
We are one of the largest institutional investors in the U.S. with
$642.4 billion of total assets under management as of March 31,
2021. We are ranked on the Fortune 500 list for 2021. In 2020, we
were named to the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) for the
fifth year in a row. DJSI is a global index to track the leading
sustainability-driven companies. We are proud to have been named to
Fortune magazine's 2021 list of the "World's Most Admired
MetLife is committed to building a purpose-driven and inclusive
culture that energizes our people. Our employees work every day to
help build a more confident future for people around the world.
The wage range for applicants for this position is $88,200 to
$148,600. This role is also eligible for annual short-term
incentive compensation. MetLife offers a comprehensive benefits
program, including health benefits, life insurance, retirement
benefits, parental leave, legal plan services and paid time off.
All incentives and benefits are subject to the applicable plan
We want to make it simple for all interested and qualified
candidates to apply for employment opportunities with MetLife. For
further information about how to request a reasonable
accommodation, please click on the Disability Accommodations link
MetLife is a proud Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative
Action employer dedicated to attracting, retaining, and developing
a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment at MetLife without regards to
race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or
related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or
domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship
status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
Requisition #: 125094
Keywords: MetLife, Durham , Lead Full Stack Software Engineer (React), IT / Software / Systems , Hillsborough, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!