Software Development Engineer II
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Role Value Proposition:
MetLife Employer Case Setup area is looking for an Software
Development Engineer in a full stack developer capacity. As a
Software Development Engineer, you will be a full-stack developer
on a fast-paced, Agile delivery team building and deploying systems
that are leveraging modern, cutting edge design and integrations
across the entire software stack. A s a full-stack engineer you are
responsible for the design, development, implementation and
maintenance of solutions, based on a set of standards and processes
which establish consistency across the enterprise, data, reduce
risk, and promote efficiencies in support of the organization's and
the business goals and objectives. You will collaborate closely
with the Scrum Lead, Product Owner and ART Leadership . You will
have an opportunity to impact every part of the system, foster and
cultivate your curiosity and iterate over solutions to be the very
best you can be to deliver for our customers.
- Analyzing, designing and driving solutions for major components
- Able to write & document user requirements
- Responsible for ensuring that quality standards are met by both
onshore and offshore teams.
- Oversees the software development activities on one or more
- Will manage and oversee the successful completion of technical
deliverables including the detailed technical design, software
development and unit testing process.
- Ensuring secure, high code quality across project
- Working with cross-functional teams for delivery
- Ensuring secure, high code quality across the entire team
- Interfacing with Lead engineers, key stakeholders and business
- Partner with senior leads to modernize the technology landscape
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Ability to build, deliver and operate complex applications
- 3+ years of hands-on mainframe application development
experience working with COBOL, DB2, CICS, JCL, SQL, and VSAM.
- Strong working knowledge of version and revision control tools
like Git, CHANGEMAN.
- Strong ability to troubleshoot and debug both online and batch
using tools like IBM Debugger.
- Experience in developing REST and SOAP APIs using technologies
like zOS Connect and IDz.
- Experience with mainframe DevOps, Scrum Framework, and SAFe
- Ability to multi-task effectively and be able to work in an
open, collaborative environment to support both individual and team
- Experience working in an onshore-offshore model should be able
to mentor, guide, and lead a small offshore team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with focused
attention to details, as well as, demonstrated professionalism and
time/task management skills
- Strong Software Development Life Cycle knowledge and
experience, or comparable methodologies
- Cross functional working team: organize, motivate and work in
- Must be a passionate, driven individual, capable of interacting
with the business and managing development execution while
contributing hands-on coding and debugging
- Design experience utilizing Use Cases, Features, and User
- Experience working in Agile/DevOps environment
- Experience working with offshore software development and third
- Knowledge of Microsoft Azure tools
- SAFe Agile certification Assignment Category
Number of Openings
MetLife, through its subsidiaries and affiliates, is one of the
world's leading financial services companies, providing insurance,
annuities, employee benefits and asset management to help its
individual and institutional customers navigate their changing
world. Founded in 1868, MetLife has operations in more than 40
countries and holds leading market positions in the United States,
Japan, Latin America, Asia, Europe and the Middle East.
We are one of the largest institutional investors in the U.S. with
$642.4 billion of total assets under management as of March 31,
2021. We are ranked on the Fortune 500 list for 2021. In 2020, we
were named to the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) for the
fifth year in a row. DJSI is a global index to track the leading
sustainability-driven companies. We are proud to have been named to
Fortune magazine's 2021 list of the "World's Most Admired
MetLife is committed to building a purpose-driven and inclusive
culture that energizes our people. Our employees work every day to
help build a more confident future for people around the world.
We want to make it simple for all interested and qualified
candidates to apply for employment opportunities with MetLife. For
further information about how to request a reasonable
accommodation, please click on the Disability Accommodations link
MetLife is a proud Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative
Action employer dedicated to attracting, retaining, and developing
a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment at MetLife without regards to
race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or
related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or
domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship
status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
Keywords: MetLife, Durham , Software Development Engineer II, IT / Software / Systems , Carrboro, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!