Principal Software Engineer
Company: Fidelity Investments Inc.
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Job Description:Are you interested in serving the needs of
millions of customers by building outstanding API capabilities
which help deliver experiences in financial planning, investing,
and retirement? Our Digital Capability team is looking for solution
based engineers with a passion for developing easy-to-use, customer
focused APIs and capabilities which power Fidelity's web and mobile
experience platforms.The Purpose of Your RoleOur teams build APIs
and Digital capabilities that support Fidelity's large scale
digital presence. You will help us design and develop re-usable
APIs that focus on customer experience needs and optimize quality
and deployment practices. You'll supply to the entire development
lifecycle from concept to deployment as a member of an agile,
cross-functional team.You will have the opportunity to share your
technical knowledge to help strengthen our engineering community
and further pursue your own learning of new technologies and
platforms. We're looking for software engineers that enjoy a
collaborative environment and have a passion for releasing high
quality software through iterative software development
practices.The Expertise we're Looking For
- You have a passion for technology and can navigate your way
across sophisticated and rapidly-changing landscapes by staying on
top of latest trends and thrive by sharing knowledge.
- Are a creator, a doer, and a progressive who will help us
tackle real-life problems and meet real customer needs. You'll be
helping us build things, taking an idea, and creating rapid
prototypes that are shippable and learn from real-life
- Are comfortable to be a self-starter, who actively challenges
status-quo, is curious and not afraid to ask "Why" and "What
- Care about cycle time and use CI/CD practices, tools to rapidly
deploy changes to customers while minimizing risk using practices
like A/B tests, blue-green deployments, and feature toggles
- Design and architect sophisticated solutions on a platform
dedicated to high scale processing of large amounts of data
- Mentor and lead team members on technology and specific design;
Own issues and provide end-to-end solutions
- Collaborate with business and technology team members to define
and deliver our next generation ecosystem.
- Partner with various Chapters & Family to assist on moving
towards a completely automated testing and deployment.
- Continuously evaluate and prototype emerging technologies
within developer & test community to understand business value and
- Help the organization into moving towards a engineering product
model based team structure.
- Digital demeanour, and fluent across technology components
including API Services development and consumption using modern
frameworks and open source technologies.
- Have strong communication skills and technical expertise to
drive and participate in meaningful discussions.The Skills You
- 8+ years of hands on software development experience in Java
Web services and API solutions.
- Leadership & Strong execution skills in a fast-paced
environment using agile methodologies.
- Capability to support mission critical customer facing
platforms and applications.
- Expertise in open source streaming products, Micro services and
Message Oriented Middleware, Stream processing, Master Data
- Proficient in Java, J2EE, Spring MVC, Spring Core and
- Deep understanding of API design, including versioning,
isolation and micro-services.
- Experience in documenting APIs leveraging an API documentation
- Experience in state-of-the-art tools and methods to enable
efficiency, performance and agility through automating DevOps
processes, continuous integration and delivery pipelines (Maven,
Jenkins, Stash, Ansible, Docker).
- Proven understanding of developing highly scalable distributed
systems using Open source technologies.
- Knowledge of public and private cloud capabilities including
compute, storage, database and analytics
- Solid understanding of testing frameworks like Junit, Mockito,
- Knowledge of web application development using JSP, HTML,
CSS/SASS, JQuery, Angular and NodeJS.
- Knowledge of relational and NoSQL database management
- Engaging in working with distributed team of developers in
leading best practices for software engineering.
- Strong team player with excellent collaboration skills.The
Value You DeliverDigital Capabilities team in Personal Investing
(PI) supports applications and tools that provide capabilities like
Online money movement, Account management, Bill pay services and
Account opening for Fidelity's retail and workplace customers. This
position will play a key role in delivering new and enhancing
existing digital capabilities to provide the best customer
experience.Certifications:Company OverviewFidelity Investments is a
privately held company with a missionto strengthen the financial
well-being of our clients.We help people invest and plan for their
future. We assist companies and non-profit organizations in
delivering benefits to their employees. And we provide institutions
and independent advisors with investment and technology solutions
to help invest their own clients' money.Join UsAt Fidelity, you'll
find endless opportunities to build a meaningful career that
positively impacts peoples' lives, including yours. You can take
advantage of flexible benefits that support you through every stage
of your career, empowering you to thrive at work and at home.
Honored with a, we have been recognized by our employees as a Best
Place to Work in 2022. And you don't need a finance background to
succeed at Fidelity-we offer a range of opportunities for learning
so you can build the career you've always imagined.Many of our
associates are continuing to work remotely temporarily due to
COVID-19. When Fidelity employees eventually return to the office,
our goal is for most people to work flexibly in a way that balances
both personal and business needs with time onsite and offsite
through what we're calling "."We invite you toFind Your
Fidelityat.Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.
We believe that the most effective way to attract, develop and
retain a diverse workforce is to build an enduring culture of
inclusion and belonging.Fidelity will reasonably accommodate
applicants with disabilities who need adjustments to participate in
the application or interview process. To initiate a request for an
accommodation, contact the HR Accommodation Team by sending an
email to, or by calling 800-835-5099, prompt 2, option 3.
Keywords: Fidelity Investments Inc., Durham , Principal Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Durham, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!