Cloud Native Software Engineer
Company: Net App, Inc.
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Job Summary NetApp's Astra Trident development team is looking
for a talented software developer to join our team! We are looking
for someone who can thrive as part of a high-performing team
delivering creative solutions to the most profound data challenges
that customers face. In a world full of generalists, NetApp is a
specialist. We are focused on one thing, helping the world's
leading organizations get the most out of their data. NetApp brings
enterprise-grade data services into the cloud, and the simple
flexibility of cloud into the data center. Our industry-leading
solutions work across diverse customer environments and the world's
biggest public clouds. What better way to help NetApp on our
journey than to join the team that brought the first open-source,
out-of-tree dynamic storage provisioner to Kubernetes! We are
developing innovative and unique solutions to enable our customers
to solve the challenge of persistent data consumption for container
technology. Check out and to find out more about the innovative
solutions of which you could be a part. Astra Trident is a
foundational part of NetApp's new and exciting Application Data
Management product Astra portfolio, . Not only will you help to
shape Astra Trident for our customers, but also shape the future of
storage integration with Astra Control. Job Requirements In this
role, you will be a core developer of a high-performing, in-demand
software development team. You will need to be passionate about
writing high-quality code, delivering innovation, learning new
skills, and contributing to open-source software. You will need to
be a team player, a problem solver, and committed to making Astra
Trident the best Kubernetes storage orchestrator. Are you up to the
challenge? Core Qualifications
- 5+ years of programming experience, with at least 2 years of
experience in systems-level programming languages such as Go or C/C
- Experience developing in a Kubernetes and/or Cloud service
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies.
- Experience with Linux or other Unix-like Operating Systems with
ability to troubleshoot basic network and/or storage issues.
- Experience with Git, Jenkins, and automated testing
- Experience in Agile Software Development practices.
- Strong understanding of software concepts related to compute,
network, and storage architecture, data structures, and standard
- Work effectively with the product development team, excellent
in technical communication, and a proven track record in a
- Ability to work on, troubleshoot, and solve complex problems.
Education Preferred Qualifications
- Experience with Python.
- Experience working in open-source communities.
- Experience working with cloud software services and an
understanding of design for scalability, performance, and
- Experience with ONTAP, CVS, or other NetApp products, or
cloud-native storage platforms and developing applications for data
management. Typically requires a minimum of 5 years of related
Keywords: Net App, Inc., Durham , Cloud Native Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Stem, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!