Software Development Engineer
Posted on: September 25, 2022
Company Overview: SonoVol, a PerkinElmer company, is focused on
improving ultrasound imaging approaches for disease research and
drug testing at the preclinical stage. SonoVol has launched and
continually develops the Vega imaging platform, the first
robotically controlled preclinical ultrasound imaging tool of its
kind. Using proprietary hardware and software solutions, SonoVol's
platforms can enable high-throughput multi-modality 3D image
capture. SonoVol was formed in 2014 as a spin-out from the Joint
Department of Biomedical Engineering at The University of North
Carolina at Chapel Hill and North Carolina State University. The
PerkinElmer subsidiary, SonoVol, is headquartered in Durham, NC,
USA.Position Description: We are seeking a candidate who is excited
about the opportunity to develop software for our imaging tools. In
the role of Software Engineer, your responsibilities will
- Software development. Develop front and back-end code to both
integrate software subsystems with acquisition system hardware
(including ultrasound scanners, scan guidance camera, and robotic
motion stages) and analyze ultrasound data.
- GUI design. Design and program front-end graphical user
interface (GUI) elements with streamlined user experience.
- Project management. Help establish estimates for project
timelines. Diligently record progress via the team's project
management software. Work in a collaborative fashion with both
hardware and software teams to meet company objectives.
- Testing and code review. Write and execute verification and
validation tests of various software modules. Document code and
conduct code reviews.
- Technical support. Field and document technical support
inquiries from customers.Required Qualifications:
- A BS and/or MS in Computer Science, Biomedical Engineering, or
- Experience programming in Python and C++.
- Knowledge of software development processes and version control
(e.g., MS Visual Studio and Git).
- Experience in the development and testing of graphical user
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and research
innovative solutions to challenging technical problems.
- Desire to work in a dynamic and fast-paced entrepreneurial
- Experience with life science or medical product
- Experience with various open-source image processing and
visualization tools (e.g. VTK, ITK, 3D Slicer, etc.)
- Experience with Azure Pipelines and test automation.
- Experience with configuring, building and packaging code (e.g.
- Experience programming with C# (.NET framework), and/or
- Technical writing abilities and analytical skills.
Keywords: PerkinElmer, Durham , Software Development Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Durham, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!