Company: Baebies Inc.
Posted on: August 8, 2022
Baebies is a medical device company that develops and
commercializes newborn screening and near-patient testing products
for children and adults to enable early disease detection and
comprehensive diagnosis. Guided by the vision that everyone
deserves a healthy start," their mission is to save lives and make
lives better for all by bringing new technologies, new tests, and
new hope to children, parents, adult patients, and healthcare
The successful candidate will become an instrumental part of a
small team of software engineers who create and support products
used by medical and lab professionals to improve the lives of
newborn babies. This position will initially focus on software
testing, quality assurance and improvement of software development
tools. Additional responsibilities include hands-on design,
implementation, and verification of medical device software and
infrastructure across multiple software technologies. This role
reports to the Associate Director of Software Engineering.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Quickly learn relevant knowledge and skills specific to medical
device software development and testing.
- Gain full understanding of software requirements from both
internal and external customers.
- Design and execute verification protocols during the software
- Provide ideas to the rest of the software team to improve
software testability and reliability.
- Enhance software reliability through test automation.
- Improve infrastructure related to software development and
- Add features and fix bugs by writing testable code in the style
of existing code bases.
- Infrequent travel for product support or training.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Technical proficiency in C++.
- Technical proficiency in at least one scripting language.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Professional experience with software testing and software test
- Experience with configuration management, source control, and
issue tracking tools.
- Ability to contribute to projects that span multiple platforms
and/or programming languages for Windows, Linux, and Android.
Experience and Education
- 2+ years of professional software development experience.
- BS or MS in Computer Science.
Optional: Include code samples, link to portfolio or any other
relevant information in your application.
Compensation & Benefits
Baebies offers a dynamic and welcoming work environment surrounded
by intelligent, driven, and creative people. Guided by the vision
that everyone deserves a healthy start, our team is devoted to our
customers and to advancing technology in early disease detection
and comprehensive diagnosis. At Baebies, we look for people who are
innovative, dedicated to our mission, and constantly striving to
improve the status quo.
In addition to competitive, market-driven compensation, Baebies
provides a comprehensive employee benefits package including:
- 100% employee premiums for Medical & Vision coverage
- 100% employee and family premiums for Dental coverage
- 401K Matching
- Stock Options
- 4 Weeks PTO
- 14 Paid Holidays per year
- Paid Employee Life Insurance
- Onsite free gym membership & classes
- . . . Much more!
Baebies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. NO RECRUITERS OR
Keywords: Baebies Inc., Durham , Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Durham, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!