Test Manager - Software Development
Company: Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Job Title: Solution Test ManagerIntroduction: Are you an
exceptional engineering leader? Do you have a passion for releasing
quality software that drives both Customer deliverables and the
business? Do you build your solutions with a focus on quality while
working on streamlining implementation? Do you lead from the front?
Become the newest technical leader in Toshibas Solution Test
Group!Responsibilities:The Software Solutions Test Manager will be
responsible for ensuring our software solution offerings meet our
quality standards and follows our Test SDLC. This role works to
develop team members into highly skilled QA engineers in all
aspects of quality assurance including automation, performance, and
scale. The Software Solutions Test Manager will provide solutions
QA strategic direction, roadmap, best practices, and works with QA
leads to ensure implementation of practices. The Manager will
engage with relative stakeholders (including Product Owners,
Program Managers and Development managers) across all products
included in solution deliverables. Candidates should have the
ability to jump in and help their QA teams with hands on
- Manage a team of solution test employees (including hiring,
career growth and additional HR responsibilities).
- Lead, mentor and drive the success software solutions test
teams (with customer specific deliverables).
- Ability to develop and execute software test strategies and
perform functional black box, GUI, integration, system, solution
and regression tests.
- Document formal test/validation plans, protocols and
- Track the teams progress on defect resolution and
- Be responsible for maintenance and improvement of continuous
integration and testing environments for solution testing.Required
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science or equivalent
- 0-5 years of managerial experience
- 1+ years of experience building or leading automation test
- Ability to work with our top customer accounts to understand
quality, testing, and environmental needs
- Ability to understand and work in agile and waterfall
environments as needed
- Experience delivering and supporting business to business or
business to customer software
- 5+ years of experience in software quality assurance.
- 3+ years of team leadership experience.
- Excellent technical writing as well as verbal communication
- Strong analytical skills and great attention to detail.
- Extensive knowledge of software and system testing and
validation methods at all levels.
- Ability to understand use cases and application usage scenarios
for planning and execution of software testing.
- Must be self-starter with the ability to coordinate work with
other team members.
- Experience with SDLC tools for requirements management,
configuration management, defect tracking and continuous
- Coaching and mentoring skills. Preferred Skills:
- ISQTB, QAI or any equivalent quality certification
- Experience testing Point of Sale (POS) or any hardware/software
solutionsAbout the Company:Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is a
dynamic billion dollar global company based in Research Triangle
Park, NC, providing retail store solutions to your favorite brands.
Have you ever been in a hurry and made use of the self-checkout at
Lowes Foods, earned fuel rewards at Kroger, or just paid for
purchases at retailers such as Walmart, Michaels, Carrefour, The
Gap, Calvin Klein, Boots, Cencosud, BJs, or Costco? These are just
a few examples of our in-store solutions and impressive customer
base that made us the world's installed market share leader.The
nature of retail is changing quickly, so if you share our 'Together
Commerce' vision of a seamless two-way, participatory shopping
experience, lets get together to drive the new economy.Toshiba
Global Commerce Solutions, Inc. offers a competitive salary and
generous benefits package including the following:
- Group health coverage (medical, dental, & vision)
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Pre-tax spending accounts
- 401(k) plan w/ match
- Company provided life insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Employee discounts
- Generous paid holiday schedule, paid vacation & sick/personal
days EEO: Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is an equal
opportunity/affirmative action employer that evaluates qualified
applicants without regard to age, ancestry, color, religious creed,
disability, marital status, medical condition, genetic information,
military or veteran status, national origin, race, sex, gender,
gender identity, gender expression and sexual orientation or any
other protected factor. We also consider qualified applicants
regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal
requirements.Individuals who need a reasonable accommodation
because of a disability for any part of the employment process
should email email@example.com to request an
accommodationDIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSION:We at Toshiba Global
Commerce Solutions firmly believe that our people are an integral
part to the success of our customers. Furthermore, were committed
to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion for all our people as
highlighted by our 5 Core Principles (Create Outreach, Foster
Belonging, Unleash Opportunity, Diverse Cultural Engagement and
Culture of Transparency). Were passionate about our customers the
retail industry and becoming a more responsible company as we help
create a brighter future.
Keywords: Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions, Durham , Test Manager - Software Development, IT / Software / Systems , Hillsborough, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!