Software Engineer - Publishing (Remote, USA)
Company: Research Square Company
Posted on: February 24, 2021
Research Square Company is looking for a mid- to senior-level
Software Engineer to join our preprint platform engineering team.
Launched in 2018, our preprint platform is already the fastest
growing preprint server in the world. Our ideal candidate exhibits
personal humility and strives to enable the success of their team
in our collaborative work environment.
As a Software Engineer, you will:
- Have ownership of our projects end-to-end, including but not
limited to technical design, writing code, participating in code
review, shipping your code, and post-release monitoring and
- Contribute both front-end and back-end code for our preprint
platform, our operations back-end to build workflows and
efficiencies for our services that power the platform, as well as
for other new product development. We deploy code frequently and
often, and your work will never sit around and become
- Collaborate with our team of engineers, product owners, and
department heads in an autonomous and supportive environment.
The work will be varied and will evolve over time. This position
will require an inventive, ambitious, and highly flexible mindset.
We use the Kanban system to dictate priorities for the team within
a defined system of project and resource prioritization, and the
priorities may change based on operational necessities, user
feedback, new product development, or management priorities.
Additionally, you will have two days every sprint to explore new
ideas and address technical debt.
- Experience developing and maintaining scalable web
- Experience writing both server-side and client-side code
- Experience with Git and GitHub
We are looking to fill this position immediately. As a result, we
will only be able to consider candidates who are currently
authorized to work in the US for any employer at this time.
Relocation is not required.
Our Current Toolbox
React, Next.js, Node, PHP, Docker, MySQL, Git, AWS
We are especially interested in candidates with any of the
- Experience with academic publishing (or academia more
- Experience developing eCommerce solutions
- Experience making data-driven decisions
- Understanding of data design and modeling
- Experience with external API integration
- Experience applying Domain-Driven Design
Ready to apply?
We'd love to hear from you even if you don't satisfy every single
one of our requirements.
Who We Are
Research Square Company exists to make research communication
faster, fairer, and more useful. We are a growing team of
scientists, researchers, language experts, software engineers, and
publishing industry veterans working together to find new ways to
help researchers succeed.
Headquartered in Durham, North Carolina, Research Square Company
consists of two main divisions, American Journal Experts (AJE) and
Research Square. Since 2004, AJE has provided manuscript
preparation services to hundreds of thousands of researchers
helping them to get their work published. Launched in 2018, our
platform, Research Square, is the largest multidisciplinary
preprint server in the world. By helping researchers communicate
their work more effectively, we accelerate the pace of global
discovery and advancement.
Our team embraces and fuels change, fights for simplicity, invests
in customers' success, and applies a data-driven approach to
continuously improve and magnify our impact. We have developed
tools and services that have been adopted by major international
publishers to improve the publishing experience for their
We are a high-growth, family-friendly, and mission-driven company
that regularly wins awards for our workplace culture, pace of
growth, and innovations. Our organization is casual and flexible
while also being stimulating and dynamic. We have a results-focused
work environment. Employees work remotely from anywhere in the
- Sloan Award for Workplace Flexibility (2011, 2012)
- When Work Works Award (2014, 2016, 2017)
- NC Parenting Magazine's Family Friendly 50 (2013, 2014)
- Triangle Business Journal's Best Places to Work (2017, 2019,
- NCBC Breastfeeding-Friendly Employer Award (2017)
- Family Forward NC Featured Business (2019)
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Research Square Company, Durham , Software Engineer - Publishing (Remote, USA), IT / Software / Systems , Durham, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!