Technical Lead, Artificial Intelligence Technology
Company: RTI International
Posted on: January 7, 2021
The Artificial Intelligence Technical lead will lead a team of
technology professionals to build various artificial intelligence
solutions (humanlike engagements, automating and optimization and
general insights) and to ensure short-term and long-term strategic
success. For this position we are seeking a team player with
excellent interpersonal skills and have a flexible and
detail-oriented attitude. Efficient key player in creative
environment with capability to adapt to new artificial intelligence
environments and skills. Have a logical and practical approach to
problem solving and stive to see projects through
- Manage the design, development, implementation and maintenance
of software applications and systems for research projects (tasks
or sub-tasks), using current technologies and software.
- Lead project and proposal activities, thus contributing to the
expansion of the business unit's and institute's research.
- Perform assignments as project director (PD)/principal
investigator (PI) or task leader (TL) on research projects.
- Leverage existing work for future work.
- Serve as business unit (e.g., division, center, etc.) lead (DL)
and RTI proposal leader (PL), assuming responsibility for technical
and budget activities.
- Provide operational oversight of a section or function, staying
abreast of new methodologies to advance the business.
- Lead or support the development of the section or function
ensuring sufficient resources and needed skill sets are present to
meet the needs of RTI. Responsible for identifying and implementing
improvements to the work processes of the group which he/she is
- Manage staff through performance planning, development and
- Ensure staff development and career progression. Responsible
for developing and implementing practices to ensure a high level of
staff morale and retention. Operate and oversee the promotion and
- As a manager of a scientific/technical group will write and
review proposals or portions of proposals. Participate in business
development activities including meetings with prospective clients.
Identify strategic opportunities for function and work with
business development to market these opportunities.
- As a manager of scientific/technical group will lead or support
appropriate part of complex projects; mentor staff in project
- Oversee the maintenance and adherence to standard operating
- Ensure the professional credibility of the unit function. Help
to develop the scientific and/or professional stature of
- Manage various type of solutions using Artificial Intelligence
- Implemented Data Science processes such as data exploration,
data visualization, hypothesis building and testing.
- Work with algorithms like Regression, Multinomial Na--ve Bayes,
SVM, Tree-based algorithms, and Natural Language Processing
- Develop digital and mobile solutions
- R&D and product management - designing, developing,
testing, and refining new products and services
- Determine the scope, stages, applications of Artificial
- Design and build technology and apply them to create Artificial
Intelligence projects, including games, machine learning models,
logic constraint satisfaction problems, knowledge-based systems,
probabilistic models, and decision-making functions
- Program using Python. Also, writes Python scripts and perform
data analysis Strategy and Vision:
- Create and implement the technology vision, strategy, and
roadmap for artificial intelligence to drive technology strategic
- Acts as a trusted advisor, building and maintaining
relationships with business partners to develop a clear
understanding of overall business and technology strategy.
- Develop and control annual operating and capital expenditure
budget for functional team.
- Oversee execution of systems strategies to support business
- Provide input, with ability to dive deep into technical details
- Have a high level of comfort with analytical approaches and
- Develop and leverage internal and external partnerships and
networks to maximize the achievement of business goals
- Ensure scalability and performance metrics are achieved
- Serve as a change agent for customers and ensure work
activities benefit customersTeam Leadership:
- Responsible for leadership of a technology team, assigning
clear tasks and objectives, and establishing KPI measurables for
- Provides leadership and coaching to team to drive innovation
and to identify opportunities in building the business
- Responsible for the development and engagement of team members
by creating a motivating work environment that recognizes and
rewards strong performance.
- Develop and implement strategies to attract and maintain a
highly skilled and engaged workforcePreferred Technical Skills:
- Experience with large scale web traffic and data structures,
Algorithms, Linear Algebra.
- Knowledge of major programming languages, i.e. Java, Python, C,
C++, MongoDB, MySQL, etc.
- Experience in building search systems such as Elastic, SORL,
Lucene, Algolia and large-scale data pipelines
- Experience with cloud services, such as AWS, Google Cloud,
- Experience in machine learning/computer vision/natural language
- Bachelor's Degree and 12 years of experience, Master's degree
and 10 years of experience, PhD and 6 years of experience, or
equivalent combination of education and experience.#LI-CS1
Keywords: RTI International, Durham , Technical Lead, Artificial Intelligence Technology, IT / Software / Systems , Durham, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!