Team Lead, Senior Software Engineer
Posted on: October 19, 2020
As the Team Lead, Senior Software Engineer, you will build and
manage a team that is responsible for the creative and innovative
engineering, management, delivery, and maintenance of several
web-based systems, including user interfaces, REST APIs, and
systems automation. You will manage the full life-cycle of builds
including functional specifications, work estimates, design,
development, cross-browser testing, bug resolution, and deployment.
You must enjoy providing effective leadership and encouraging
productive collaboration, standardization, and communication across
departments. Successful candidates will possess a unique blend of
business and technical savvy, creativity, a big-picture vision, and
the drive to make that vision a reality.
- Responsible for hiring, performing performance reviews,
administration, and other management tasks.
- Coach, mentor, and train in good software development practices
common in the industry.
- Work with cross-functional teams to strategize, develop, and
implement services and sites that assure success for customers of
the Genesys customer experience platforms.
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable
code, both in front-end and server-side technologies.
- Develop and integrate front-end elements with server-side
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these
- Drive continuous adoption and integration of relevant new
technologies into design.
- Provide high-level support, resolve problems, and answer
questions related to applications.
- Create and maintain documentation of processes and
- Ensure application development tasks are completed in a timely
manner to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Ensure compliance with defined SLAs and development,
maintenance, and testing of applications.
- Maintain effective change management policies and
- B.S. degree in CIT, CS, or other related fields; or, 5+ years
- Experience with WordPress and/or Drupal.
- JS frameworks such as Angular/React/Vue/JQuery
- Other languages such as Python, Apex/VisualForce, or
- Front-end tooling including HTML 5, CSS, SASS, and
- Version control in Git/Bitbucket.
- Unit test tools including PHPUnit (PHP), Mocha/Qunit/Jest
- Continuous integration tools such as Jenkins/Bamboo.
- Orchestration tools such as Ansible/Chef.
- AWS related technologies like CloudFormation, EC2, RDS,
- Experience in an Agile/Kanban environment.
- Understanding and experience in concepts such as DevOps,
- Understanding of test-driven development and code
- Strong leadership skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Every year, Genesys-- delivers more than 70 billion remarkable
customer experiences for organizations in over 100 countries.
Through the power of the cloud and AI, our technology connects
every customer moment across marketing, sales and service on any
channel, while also improving employee experiences. Genesys
pioneered Experience as a ServiceSM so organizations of any size
can provide true personalization at scale, interact with empathy,
and foster customer trust and loyalty. This is enabled by Genesys
CloudTM, an all-in-one solution and the---world's leading public
cloud contact center platform,---designed for rapid innovation,
scalability and flexibility. Visit www.genesys.com.
Genesys is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in
the workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, veteran
status, and other protected characteristics. #LI-BJ1
Keywords: Genesys, Durham , Team Lead, Senior Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Durham, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!