Lead Software Engineer
Posted on: October 19, 2020
The Genesys Cloud Analytics platform is the foundation on which
decisions are made that directly impact our customer's experience
as well as their customers' experiences. We are a data-driven
company, handling tens of millions of events per day to answer
questions for both our customers and the business. From new
features to enable other development teams, to measuring
performance across our customer-base, to offering insights directly
to our end-users, we use our terabytes of data to move customer
In this role, you'll partner with software engineers, product
managers, and data scientists to build and support a variety of
analytical big data products. The best person will have a strong
engineering background, not shy from the unknown, and will be able
to articulate vague requirements into something real. We are a team
whose focus is to operationalize big data products and curate
high-value datasets for the wider organization as well as to build
tools and services to expand the scope of and improve the
reliability of the data platform as our usage continues to grow on
a daily basis.
- Develop and deploy highly-available, fault-tolerant software
that will help drive improvements towards the features,
reliability, performance, and efficiency of the Genesys Cloud
- Actively review code, mentor, and provide peer
- Collaborate with engineering teams to identify and resolve pain
points and proselytize best practices.
- Partner with various teams to transform concepts into
requirements and requirements into services and tools.
- Engineer efficient, adaptable and scalable architecture for all
stages of data lifecycle (ingest, streaming, structured and
unstructured storage, search, aggregation) in support of a variety
of data applications.
- Build abstractions and re-usable developer tooling to allow
other engineers to quickly build streaming/batch self-service
- Build, deploy, maintain, and automate large global deployments
- Troubleshoot production issues and come up with solutions as
This may be the perfect job for you if:
- You have a strong engineering background with ability to design
software systems from the ground up.
- You have expertise in Java. Python and other object-oriented
languages are a plus.
- You have experience in web-scale data and large-scale
distributed systems, ideally on cloud infrastructure.
- You have a product mindset. You are energized by building
things that will be heavily used.
- You have engineered scalable software using big data
technologies (e.g., Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Presto, Elasticsearch,
- You have experience building data pipelines (real-time or
batch) on large complex datasets.
- You have worked on and understand messaging/queueing/stream
- You design not just with a mind for solving a problem, but also
with maintainability, testability, monitorability, and automation
as top concerns.
Technologies we use and practices we hold dear:
- Right tool for the right job over
- We pick the language and frameworks best suited for specific
- Packer and Ansible for immutable machine images.
- AWS for cloud infrastructure.
- Automation for everything. CI/CD, testing, scaling, healing,
- Hadoop, Hive, and Spark for batch.
- Airflow for orchestration.
- Dynamo, Elasticsearch, Presto, and S3 for query and
Every year, Genesys-- delivers more than 70 billion remarkable
customer experiences for organizations in over 100 countries.
Through the power of the cloud and AI, our technology connects
every customer moment across marketing, sales and service on any
channel, while also improving employee experiences. Genesys
pioneered Experience as a ServiceSM so organizations of any size
can provide true personalization at scale, interact with empathy,
and foster customer trust and loyalty. This is enabled by Genesys
CloudTM, an all-in-one solution and the---world's leading public
cloud contact center platform,---designed for rapid innovation,
scalability and flexibility. Visit www.genesys.com.
Genesys is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in
the workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, veteran
status, and other protected characteristics. #LI-BJ1
Keywords: Genesys, Durham , Lead Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Durham, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!