Posted on: October 19, 2020
At Genesys, we've built one of the best cloud-based Customer
Experience (CX) service offerings ever. It was built from the
ground-up in the cloud and handles millions of interactions per
day. We have thousands of AWS EC2 instances deployed across
multiple environments globally, and we push out dozens of product
builds per day using a top-notch CI/CD pipeline.
The External Contacts team provides the customer context needed to
deliver a superb customer experience. We are looking for a talented
engineer to help us take our customer services to the next
- You have experience building software in at least one
- You have experience with REST APIs and services.
- You are a strong problem solver with the desire to make
- You show pride of ownership and strive for excellence in
everything you do.
- You are curious.
- You keep abreast of new tools and technology.
- You continuously learn and improve.
- You can quickly learn new technologies, tools, and
- You have good written and verbal communication skills.
- You are resourceful and detail-oriented.
- You can organize your own time and seek out the information you
- You are willing to push back when necessary.
- You have a drive to understand how your work integrates with
other groups in order to provide value to our customers.
- You are open to constructive feedback and use it to
- You understand why test automation is important and believe
this to be a first-class component of new development.
What you will do while working with us:
- You will design and implement REST APIs for the External
Contacts team in a microservices environment with a focus on
Java-based services (although specific technologies can change over
- You will test your software in an automated way before even
- You will create and maintain services that are highly scalable,
available, and reliable.
- You will deploy these services to dev, test, and production
environments using a CI/CD pipeline.
- You will support services in prod, perform root-cause analysis
of problems, and participate in blameless post-mortems
- You will participate in a 24x7 on-call rotation.
- You will continuously improve a running production system
- You will participate in design and code reviews to help mentor
other team members and to influence technical direction of
- You will become an expert in the architecture, design, and
customer use cases for the team's services.
- You will be part of a fast-paced culture of continuous learning
and grow rapidly.
- You will use various tools to troubleshoot issues with system
stability and performance.
- You will identify areas of risk for performance, longevity, and
- You will recommend the use of new technologies and tools when
- You will foster an inclusive working environment where every
team member is positioned for success
- You will understand & comply with PCI, HIPAA, and GDPR.
Some of the specific technologies our team works with every
- JVM languages like Java and Groovy
- Sprint Boot microservices
- Amazon Web Services (EC2, S3, SQS, SNS, Lambda, Kinesis,
- Cloud-native architecture
- Ember UI framework
- Selenium, Cucumber, and Spock
- Jenkins and other CI/CD tools
Some benefits of working with us:
- The opportunity to work in a cutting-edge microservices
architecture on a platform and product that is growing
- Work in a culture of cooperation, learning, and blameless
retrospectives with an overall focus on continual
- Multiple yearly hackathons and weekly tech talks.
- An open time-off policy and a management team that supports its
- The ability to work from home or remotely as needed.
Every year, Genesys-- delivers more than 70 billion remarkable
customer experiences for organizations in over 100 countries.
Through the power of the cloud and AI, our technology connects
every customer moment across marketing, sales and service on any
channel, while also improving employee experiences. Genesys
pioneered Experience as a ServiceSM so organizations of any size
can provide true personalization at scale, interact with empathy,
and foster customer trust and loyalty. This is enabled by Genesys
CloudTM, an all-in-one solution and the---world's leading public
cloud contact center platform,---designed for rapid innovation,
scalability and flexibility. Visit www.genesys.com.
Genesys is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in
the workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, veteran
status, and other protected characteristics. #LI-BJ1
Keywords: Genesys, Durham , Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Durham, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!